Dazzler32's Trophy Progress Thread

Reaction score
Looks way better with the different springs on, WTF how much!!!! for a headlight, no joy with breaker yards?

They are Bi xenons and mine have a black insert which I just noticed on Thursday. There are lights on eBay for £150 but none with this black insert. I am tempted just to by a pair of black headlights but not quite sure how they would look. I'll try my DIY fix as the lights still work.

I've spent a fortune on the Trophy so the timing is rubbish. That said the Trophy should be hassle free for the next few years (touch wood) as all the major jobs have just been done.

Reaction score
The trophy looks great on those springs. Happy birthday sorry to hear and see the mini headlight hope the diy fix works crazy money for a replacement one but less than they were my friend was quoted more the other year.

Reaction score
The trophy looks great on those springs. Happy birthday sorry to hear and see the mini headlight hope the diy fix works crazy money for a replacement one but less than they were my friend was quoted more the other year.

Yeah, I'm really happy with the stance now as it looks good. It's silly money, I'm a bit worried about putting a headlight in an oven to soften the epoxy to get the lense off but for £25 it's work the risk.

Did you get yours back on Friday?

Reaction score
It's not to bad a jod I know I alot of people that have done the oven trick, just have to keep a eye on it.

No exhaust wasn't ready it time before holiday plans so will be a little longer till its ready.

Reaction score
I tried this with some megane front light, and had no joy, biggest problem was trying to get a grip to pull apart, whilst they are still at oven temp :(

Reaction score
Yeah that's my concern plus trying not to damage the lense. It's worth a try as it seems to be quite common on the Mini seen.

Reaction score
Small update.

Found out where the leak in the exhaust was, gasket kit ordered. (Rubbish iPhone pic, focused on the wrong place.)

fd77865e2f8ddcb41a07e05ed08bb0ff.gif

I was greeted by this the other day when swapping wheels over due to wheel wobble at speed.

6c4339b4e1af52461130baf62f17825e.gif

982d5e9a0efcb4011d3dd3b33cd44177.gif

62192bb3482ad782a502851f99014890.gif

All sorted now. Clip replaced and all 4 wheels re-balanced. The offending wheel was 25 & 35 out, removed the weights and all was good. The previous owner had PS3s fitted by kwik-fit, which explains it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As mentioned elsewhere I'm glad to see the little niggles have been sorted mate. That CV grease can get everywhere and make a real mess if you're not careful!

Reaction score
Yeah I'm glad is was a simple fix.

I still have another wee job to do as I never took the shimms out of the front carriers when I fitted the ds2500 so now they squeal constantly when stopping. I'll hopefully sort that next week along with the exhaust.

I love driving it, I drove the Mini last night and it felt rubbish. It lacks the precision and feel of the Trophy.

Reaction score
Small update.

Personlised binder arrived this morning. :D
3C99D408-D8A4-4371-A1AB-0FD2E9F15219.gif

Plus I made the mistake of not removing the shims when fitting the ds2500 front pads, so I removed them this morning and not a peep from them.

Hopefully I'll get the exhaust leak sorted this week. I was reminded on Thursday that I need to buy a new wiper stalk with the adjustable speed setting as it is a PITA when it's not bucketing it down.

I also have rear seats to fit, I'll need to research how to fit them so I don't break anything.

Reaction score
Get some gtecniq g1 and g2 then you won't need windscreen wipers ;)
l

I have rainX there, I know it's not as good as the above but I will need to apply it after the next wash. I like cleaning the car I just need to get into the habit of polishing and waxing it as I hate it

Reaction score
Small update.

Today I fitted my aux cable I've had sitting about for the last few weeks, really simple addition and managed to route it through the ash tray.
Excuse the mark on the gaitor, I'll sort that when I give the interior a clean.

1E650FB7-F393-422A-ACC3-FDE116CCBB43.gif

After my small victory I thought I'd tackle changing the rear bunch. After reading a few threads then tackling the ISOFIX bar, wow those bolts are tight but that may be down to the corrosion on the tips of the bolts. Well as usual I've hit a low point, I've managed to chew the torx bolt holding in the seatback. Torx bolts are my nemesis, I need to invest in a longer breaker bar and an impact gun.

C8F1E753-53EC-4851-A821-631925439124.gif

I also discovered today that the rear springs that came off the car are different, 1 is a Trophy spring but I've no idea what the longer 1 is.

8AE2CAC9-DA21-42B0-A09E-6758135BEA0E.gif

My friend obviously didn't notice or else he would of said something. Oh and I also think I've found out what's causing the knocking I get from the rear, the exhaust heat shield is loose.

I ended the day with a win albeit a hollow victory. I moved the car before I tackling the rear seats and when doing so I was greeted by the SERV & ((abs)) lights on the dash. I can only assume I disturbed the loom that runs from behind the head-unit to the fuse box. I checked all the connections and took it for a quick blast after being defeated by the bolt and no lights.

I love the car, love driving it plus I enjoy just looking at it but as project and trying to do these small jobs myself then running into problems it frustrates the hell out of me. I'm either useless or do not have the right tools for the job, I hope it's the latter as if it's not just shoot me now. :(

Reaction score
Maybe, had this on mine and found cv grease on front spined hubs where wheel speed sensor/ABS sensors monitors wheel speed so maybe worth a look.

Reaction score
It's possible but my friend gave that area a good clean and I had drove the car a good 30miles after fixing the CV joint. I'll keep an eye on it but I'm hoping it was an isolated incident.

I'm now in 2 minds whether or not to swap the rear seats. I picked up the set I have for £20 but I have found a couple of marks after giving it a good clean. This has annoyed me even more now I've made a mess of the bolt.

I might just drive about without the seats and enjoy my oem exhaust.

Reaction score
Can't beat a simple wee mod to start the day. I picked up a wiper stalk off eBay for £7.49 and 30mins later I now have speed adjustable intermittent wipers. :D