Dazzler32's Trophy Progress Thread

Reaction score
Yeah I'll wash it off tomorrow. During the summer when dry I think the T could be pushed even harder along that route as temps ranged from -2° to 3° with the routes either wet or covered in salt.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That looks like ti was a lot of fun, Daryl! I love Scotland and want to get the Trophy up there again soon. I last went up at the end of 2014 but that was in the Type-R (the Trophy was - surprise, surprise - off the road) but still enjoyed it immensely. I last took the Trophy up in 2008 so it's due another trip up there and the missus is keen to head up there again. Bonus!

Reaction score
I'm hoping to do the North Coast 500 next year and if the dates work the Welsh Weekender might be on the cards.

Have dates been discussed for next year?

Reaction score
January 2017 update!

I bought a 2nd hand custom exhaust off a fellow Trophy owner. It came off a BG 182 he bought as a daily but was too loud for him.

It's the system on the left.
IMG_2078.JPG

I had it fitted today and this is how it looks now.
IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0230.JPG

I'm quite happy with it, just hope it's not too loud.

Also spoke to Snappy about the retrim but that will be a few months away.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was just a pattern exhaust and it's seen better days. I'll get a couple of pics tomorrow.

I had to wait 3 hours on it though as it needed hangers fabricated for the backbox.

Reaction score
Either I'm not reading it right or I'm being thick, you had the rusty old system on, you have the new Ktec on the right of the photo but you fitted the noisy 2nd had one on the left ....Why? What's wrong with the ktec

Reaction score
Either I'm not reading it right or I'm being thick, you had the rusty old system on, you have the new Ktec on the right of the photo but you fitted the noisy 2nd had one on the left ....Why? What's wrong with the ktec

The Ktec is not mine.

The chap I bought the exhaust from put the Ktec on his Clio, which I forgot to say.

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh right :grinning::grinning::grinning:. I knew you Scottish boys were a bit careful so thought the second hand one was a fiver cheaper than the ktec so you'd gone for the bargain :grinning::grinning:

Yeah, I picked up the second hand one up on the cheap .

It was worth the risk, I was told it was loud but never hearing how it was a chance I took. I'll give it a month or 2 to see if it was worth the gamble.

It's actually the first non standard/pattern exhaust I've put on a car.

Reaction score
I'm on the ball tonight but the smiley didn't work when I originally replied. :triumph:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mine does not sound very loud in the car, but have had neighbors complain, and even people that live about 4 streets away, that bumped into where i work lol