Reaction score
can anyone recommend a good poilsh to use after clay & stripping but before final wax coat?
cheers

Reaction score
Afternoon Andrew. I am currently using dodo juice lime prime lite. However I have since been introduced to autoglym super resin polish which I find a much much better product. They both leave an awesome shine but I would personally get the autoglym SRP!!

I'm intrigued to know what your polishing.....

Elliott.

Reaction score
Hey Eliott...i have the lime prime light, although it says that is a paint cleaner and thats what i've used it as...i had the impression that some kind of polish should go down as a base coat before the wax?
the last time i did it all i used some meguiers polish that came free with a clay kit after i used the lime prime.
i have some autoglym, yeah i could try that next time.
about how many washes should i expect the wax (purple haze) to last, i am red misting afer each wash?

heres the new car, had it since november, quite a difference from the trophy and R27 but hey what can i say, i'm getting on a bit these days :) MPG is serious but i dont go far.
Mk1 TT 3.2 V6 DSG - dolomite pearl

Attachments

• IMG_5795.JPG
    IMG_5795.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 26
Reaction score
How are you applying the Polish? By machine or by hand?
Personally I would use Auto Glym SRP by hand and Blue 3M by machine, with a polishing pad.

Reaction score
I use the lime prime lite/SRP as a polish once i have 'cut' the paint with a swirl remover using a machine, which has always gave me superb results. If your doing it by hand though i would just clay bar, SRP and then give it a coat in the purple haze.

Just re-read your initial post....i have never used the red mist so i cant comment on its benefits although my friend uses it and has nothing negative to say about it. Not sure how many washes the purple haze will last you but my hard candy is very durable!! ***BUT i will be back to a liquid wax once it has run out.

Nice motor hope your enjoying it!

Elliott.