Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
right getting annoyed with not being able to play my ipod/iphone in the car.

ideally i want a HU that will not only play songs and allow control through the stalk but also one that duals as a handsfree - is there one out there?

if not what's everyones thoughts?

Reaction score
thats exactly what im looking for, can pick them up for about £250 for a decent one. but i want one that works with my cd changer too so need to look into which will work and has all the features i want.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im sure with most, if not with all head units, you have to buy an extra adaptor/lead to link the HU to the stalk. I remember seeing them in Halfrauds for £40 so you can obviously get them cheaper if you shop around.

Alpine make some very good HU's, I have one in my car. Have a look on the website you should have no problem finding one with the spec you want. Also most half decent HU's have ipod conections fitted now-a-days.

kam

Reaction score
I've got a Alpine 9887R with the imprint set up.

The bluetooth module is another £80 but I haven't bothered with it as I use my TomTom for handsfree.

Stalk control is also pricey on the Alpines at £70 so I'll live without it.

Reaction score
If you don't want a Cd player alpine do some nice looking ones, I'm not sure whether any have Bluetooth built in. Pioneer also do some nice looking models that have bluetooth / ipod either standard or as optional extras.

Reaction score
ive got the kenwood kdc-bt8041u, bluetooth and ipod control (rear) so it can be routed into the glove box for out of sight peace of mind. As for the steering controls, the can bus connector is very pricey, however, im going to try and source a steering control/loom from an older model and see if it fits out car, which would make it a lot cheaper to buy the adaptor.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
D4VP-C(309) said:
ive got the kenwood kdc-bt8041u, bluetooth and ipod control (rear) so it can be routed into the glove box for out of sight peace of mind. As for the steering controls, the can bus connector is very pricey, however, im going to try and source a steering control/loom from an older model and see if it fits out car, which would make it a lot cheaper to buy the adaptor.

How do you find the Headunit? Do you like it? Does the Bluetooth work OK?

My STD headunit keeps displaying CD Error so I think nows the time for me to upgrade for a iPod and Bluetooth unit.

Do you have any pictures of it in the car?

Reaction score
halford will be bringing out the new Alpine Headunit in a few weeks.
Its got CD, iPod, Bluetooth Parrot (just turn your bluetooth on on your phone and thats it your set up to take calls), but you do need to buy the stalk adapter and a mic. thats what im gonna look at.