Reaction score
I bought a Turtle Wax wheel cleaner spray from halfords a while back. i have just given the wheels its first application with the stuff over the weekend. I have pagids fitted too and the wheels come up a treat in conjunction with a jet washer. However after i had read the small print (after i cleaned the wheels) it instructs that the product should not be used for treated wheels.......daft question but are the the rims treated? if they are i will stop using the stuff.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Probably not great for the wheels and will discolour the bolts, you should be fine if you didn't leave on for long and then rinsed off well. I've used alkaline treatments before on a cloth on really stubborn stuff but your best bet is to seal them and then treat regularly with a wheel protector like Poorboys.

Reaction score
Used to use Wonder Wheels - would only leave it on for a couple of mins to save a second application and it destroyed the coating on my wheel nuts. Also, very difficult to make out the speedline emblem on them now especially compared to the new wheel I have as a spare for long journeys.

Now I just jetwash them and use the rest of the bucket after having washed the car. White spirits works pretty good on tar spots when used sparingly but may also not be the best. Will try a sealant as suggested by Hoolio next time I have the wheels off.

Reaction score
never used anyting to clean the rims but autoglym car wash...if you wash them every time whats the problem? i've got one of those long "pipecleaner" brushes that clean right inside the rim to the back face, that does the job