Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whilst trying to keep a pair of motorcycles honest the other evening i noticed lots of water droplets over the rear window and when i arrived home also all over the rear of the car. They were clear, none oily and unsmelly so i suppose just water. I had been driving quite spiritedly, anyone any ideas?

amm

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Whilst trying to keep a pair of motorcycles honest the other evening i noticed lots of water droplets over the rear window and when i arrived home also all over the rear of the car. They were clear, none oily and unsmelly so i suppose just water. I had been driving quite spiritedly, anyone any ideas?

if it was on the out side of your car i have had the same sort of thing but i only get it in cold whether i am shour it is water from the exhaust

Reaction score
hoolio said:

I have had this quite a number of times now. I looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently it only happens when dust particles cause Dihydrous oxide vapour in the troposphere to condense and come under the influence of the Earth's gravitational field. I found it under the article 'Rain'.

Hope this helps Jules. :lol:

Reaction score
Steve said:
hoolio said:

I have had this quite a number of times now. I looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently it only happens when dust particles cause Dihydrous oxide vapour in the troposphere to condense and come under the influence of the Earth's gravitational field. I found it under the article 'Rain'.

Hope this helps Jules. :lol:

Lmao! :lol:

Reaction score
Do you think it might be coming from condensation in the spoiler? which when you corner spiritedly, flushes out from side to side - I wouldn''t think it would put out a lot of water, but could explain it?

Reaction score
it's all that washing you've been doing with your spangly new water treatment device... :wink:

But seriously, could it be water that's collected in the roof crevices and on around the spoiler, plus any from around the windows that's just been blown back during your spirited driving..?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
never had this, first thought could be air con condensation but you'd have needed to be very very sprited in your driving for that - up side down on a rollercoaster image lol.

Reaction score
I get this on cool mornings, it's just water from the exhaust - it clears after a couple of sharp stamps on the throttle.

Very annoying after you've just cleaned the car though as it cakes the back window!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:lol: Expected a whole sack of daft comments this morning, good to know that some people can be relied upon :) This has happened a couple of times before and had thought it was water from inside the exhaust, good to know others have had it. I was seriously pushing it and was quite surprised they didn't disappear into the sunset, probably not trying tho i would have if i'd spotted a little red shopping trolley on my tail. :lol:

Reaction score
hoolio said:
:lol: Expected a whole sack of daft comments this morning, good to know that some people can be relied upon :) This has happened a couple of times before and had thought it was water from inside the exhaust, good to know others have had it. I was seriously pushing it and was quite surprised they didn't disappear into the sunset, probably not trying tho i would have if i'd spotted a little red shopping trolley on my tail. :lol:

Sorry Jules, I couldn't resist, if someone hadn't mentioned the exhaust already I would have offered my sound advice (even though I've never had this).

On the motorbikes, they're not all that fast, I had some irritating tit on a chopper type thing trying to overtake me really dangerously in a built-up area, when it went derestricted I made him eat mt dust! You can always catch them up in the corners too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
holio said:
:lol: Expected a whole sack of daft comments this morning, good to know that some people can be relied upon :) This has happened a couple of times before and had thought it was water from inside the exhaust, good to know others have had it. I was seriously pushing it and was quite surprised they didn't disappear into the sunset, probably not trying tho i would have if I'd spotted a little red shopping trolley on my tail. :lol:

Sorry Jules, I couldn't resist, if someone hadn't mentioned the exhaust already I would have offered my sound advice (even though I've never had this).

On the motorbikes, they're not all that fast, I had some irritating tit on a chopper type thing trying to overtake me really dangerously in a built-up area, when it went derestricted I made him eat mt dust! You can always catch them up in the corners too.

No offence taken at all :) I had convinced myself that it was the exhaust anyway i just needed others to confirm it, no wonder the bloody things disintegrate so quickly.I think it's like quicksilver says, washing my car far too much. :D