Tyre conundrum

Reaction score
Need to replace both rear tyres. The fronts are Contiental premiums with plenty of wear left, but I don't want to put the same on again. What tyres do you all reccomend and would you put the replacements on the front moving the Conti's to th rear?

Reaction score
Depends on your requirements. Tyres are a compromise between price, dry grip, wet grip, longevity, aesthetics, track use and plenty of other factors.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (with stiffened side wall) are often considered a good all-rounder, if you can source any. But there are other options if you want excellent performance from one specific attribute.

Reaction score
Not looking for track use or wet grip. Just the occasional blast around country lanes.
I suppose I should put Conti's on to match or does matching not matter and just go with Michelin sport 3's.
Really liked toyo proxies tr1 on a previous car which are well priced, so could replace all four with these?
Decisions

Reaction score
How long is a piece of string? i always hate posts like this, because everyone that comes along is going to tell you to buy a different tyre, personally i would not worry about all 4 matching, and i like to go for XL tyres, i think it makes a difference when throwing it hard around bends

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As a new owner last year this was a question I faced .. My car had Toyo TR1's on it when I got it.. They were OK in the dry but not in the wet..
I went for the PS3 XL sidewalls and they as expected were a good all round tyre for this car.. But if I were buying again given most of my use is in fair weather I would go for something like The Yoko AD08r or the Federal RSR as on the Welsh weekend 2016 the cars on those looked planted... And my PS3's didn't give me that feeling..
So like always it's a compromise depending on what you want to sacrifice ..If shes a weekend fair weather toy go sticky..
If she's a all year round toy go PS3 XL or that type of tyre..

Reaction score
As a new owner last year this was a question I faced .. My car had Toyo TR1's on it when I got it.. They were OK in the dry but not in the wet..
I went for the PS3 XL sidewalls and they as expected were a good all round tyre for this car.. But if I were buying again given most of my use is in fair weather I would go for something like The Yoko AD08r or the Federal RSR as on the Welsh weekend 2016 the cars on those looked planted... And my PS3's didn't give me that feeling..
So like always it's a compromise depending on what you want to sacrifice ..If shes a weekend fair weather toy go sticky..
If she's a all year round toy go PS3 XL or that type of tyre..

I agree with Rik.

Reaction score
Thats really helpful info. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
In the Summer I replaced all 4 tyres with Federal 595 RS-R. Very pleased with them so far, giving plenty of grip,although probably not the best for Winter.