Eagle F1 compared to PS3 XL

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've been very happy with the Goodyears but have heard a few folk mention the XL PS3 as offering a much better feel than other tyres, has anyone compared these directly?

I only need to replace 2 tyres just now but am wondering if it's worth changing for better feel or if it's negligible?

Reaction score
I liked the Eagle F1's when i had my Megane, but found they did not last long, PS3 seem quite hard to get hold of atm, I am on Hankook evo v12, and think they are really good

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Camskill and blackcircles have them in stock.

It's more with how the extra load rating compares with the Goodyear?

Goodyears are cheap for what they are so is an extra £50 worth it for 2 of the PS3 XL's?

Reaction score
Currently sitting in my local tyre fitter... They don't have ps3's in stock right now and so I'm looking online (whilst they fit a hancook on my spare wheel, which was nearly bald, but better than the tyres it's replacing which had a screw in it :rage:).

Anyway, to the point... I've been running PS3 83v's, not the XL's... What's the view on the difference between the two, if any?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Back to this as the fronts don't have loads left in them.

If I were to replace these with the XL PS3's, would having the other 2 as non-XL tyres (until they wore out) have a detrimental effect?

Reaction score
You'll be fine so long as they're the same on each axle. Just get a set of xl's for the rear when you next change.