TrophyTracker Web Application

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey Trophy Community!

I hope you don't mind but I've decided to create a separate post for TrophyTracker related updates and information. The project has reached a fair size now (and represents a significant time investment) hence it helps if I can keep all TrophyTracker related 'stuff' in one place.

trophytracker.png

In case you were wondering...

What is TrophyTracker?

TrophyTracker is a non-commercial (home-made) project that I started working on in late 2019 as a bit of fun. The aim was simple; to create an online resource that Clio 182 Trophy owners and enthusiasts could easily access to view information about these fantastic little cars. It isn't designed to contain project details and reams of information about each and every vehicle (that's what this forum is for). Think of it as an extended 'register' of sorts.

How Do I Use It?

Easy! Just visit the website URL (below) with your favourite web browser on your device of choice. The web application has been designed to work across a variety of devices - including mobile, tablet and laptop/PC. Older browsers and devices may present a few problems but it should work on the majority of modern devices. There's nothing to join, no account is needed - visit and browse.

Data

This is always a tricky one to navigate, especially given the current regulations regarding GDPR / data protection and the need to ensure websites and associated software are secure, compliant an so-forth. As a result of this the data that TrophyTracker holds is sparse and non-personal in nature - i.e. it does not contain anything that may lead to being able to directly identify a person (or persons). No names, no absolute locations, nothing of that nature. Data is the lifeblood that drives the application and this data comes from various sources - forum posts on here, for sale adverts, Community-contributed information and sources of that ilk. Any information that is gathered is checked before being committed to the database (for the reasons already mentioned). To ensure consistency and security, I am the sole data guardian and the only person with access to the secure server on which the data is held.

Disclaimer

I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information that is held by TrophyTracker, hence data may be stale (out-of-date) and/or contain errors. With that in mind I ask you to please consider TrophyTracker as a guide rather than a true and accurate reflection of the Trophy Community (and its vehicles) at any given time!

The Future

To this point, feedback has been good and the website / application is seeing activity. My plans are to continue developing and evolving (and fixing!) TrophyTracker over time - adding new features, making improvements, etc. As it is a 'free time' project there is no timeline or roadmap for the application hence I'll just see where it goes...

You can access TrophyTracker here:

Many thanks,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.6.2
(If you use the application and notice any issues, have suggestions, questions, etc. then please do let me know).

--

This version adds a few new search features (search via URL endpoints) and the ability to copy the URL of the currently viewed vehicle to the clipboard (for sharing, for example).

To search for a specific 182 Trophy via its number, you can use:
https://trophytracker.andyeder.uk/search/num/<num>
Where <num> is the Trophy number (1-500).

To search for a specific 182 Trophy via its VRM (registration plate), you can use:
https://trophytracker.andyeder.uk/search/vrm/<vrm>
Where <vrm> is the registration (without spaces).

To search for a specific 182 Trophy via its VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), you can use:
https://trophytracker.andyeder.uk/search/vin/<vin>
Where <vin> is the VIN (without spaces).

--

Of course, results will be only returned if the vehicle being searched for is known to TrophyTracker! (y)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.6.3

This version adds extra information (if available) to events on the timeline - namely the vehicle mileage and value. This may be useful, for example, to see how much a car was advertised for at a given time along with the mileage at that time.

e.g.
The following is an example from my own Trophy's timeline. When I took ownership the car was on 23,250 miles and I paid £9k for it.

tt-timeline.png

Please note that a lot of timeline information is missing as it takes time to gather, and collate, that data. It should gradually build-up over time!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.6.5

This version improves the MOT data presentation (added in v1.6.4) and also adds a standalone MOT Check page. This means that you can directly view a Trophy's MOT data from the search page, or you can use the standalone MOT Check page to pull up information about ANY vehicle's MOT tests (as long as the test was done in England, Scotland or Wales since 2005).

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
We’re very lucky to have you! Thank you for your efforts.
Haha, thanks Tim! I just wish it were easier / quicker to find and maintain the data and that more 'unknown' Trophys presented themselves.

Many thanks for all your hard work and IT skills.
Going to update #151
No problem, you're welcome.

Thanks both for the kind words of encouragement / support! :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all, I've updated TrophyTracker to v1.7.3.

There have been numerous changes and updates to (hopefully!) improve the software / site. In addition, a professional colleague (and close friend) has joined me in an effort to take TrophyTracker forward as and when time allows us to do so.

This new versions sees a few page updates and additions, styling update, and the addition of a Parts Check page. On the Parts Check page you can enter a part number, description, etc. and the search results will try and determine if that part is still available. However, this feature is not linked to any official Renault parts supply system and is basically built upon the information that members have kindly shared on these forums. I'm not sure how useful it will be but still... it's a start! Give it a go and, say, enter 'wheel' as a search term. Hopefully links can be added soon to suppliers, etc. from where you will be able to buy the part(s). If available of course!

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks!

If people have any ideas, suggestions or feedback then please do feel free to share and/or let me know.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.7.5

This version further improves the MOT data presentation and also provides additional information - such as mileage chart, odometer deltas, etc. The charts have also been updated in an effort to make them more mobile-friendly. However, there are still a few issues that exist - most notably the over-sensitivity of the pinch/zoom scale on the MOT mileage chart (only on some devices). I'll try and find a fix for this in a future update.

A few more bugs have been fixed, and a few tweaks made to the general presentation here and there. A Trophy Weekend page has also been added for those who might like to know more about the infamous Trophy Welsh Weekender.

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
TrophyTracker updated to v1.8.0

This version attempts to improve the Stats page by adding separate charts and tables for "Seller Price Trends" and "Buyer Price Trends". In previous versions, I didn't really take into account the prices at which cars were listed for sale and the prices for which cars were bought. I now make that distinction (as best I can with the limited data I have) and provide the two separate sections accordingly. As my data set is limited, as is my time to hunt down data, there are large holes, unfortunately. As the data set continues to grow then the data should hopefully become more meaningful.

tt-1-8-0_01.png

Sadly the issue with chart handling (pinch, zoom, etc.) still exists in some cases and I am still seeking a solution (I may have to look at writing new charts).

Cheers,
Andy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This has evolved nicely since the last time I looked at it.
Nice Job Sharkey.
P.S. I updated 265 the other day with a bit more information and pictures after it was rescued and returned to the road 👍🚗

Willowbank 37

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Sharkey, great site and very useful data! Aare we able to update details for our own cars or does an Admin do it?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This has evolved nicely since the last time I looked at it.
Nice Job Sharkey.
P.S. I updated 265 the other day with a bit more information and pictures after it was rescued and returned to the road 👍🚗

Hi mate, thank you for the feedback and for sending through the information. I have indeed received it but yet to act on it. I'll update in due course. :)

Hi Sharkey, great site and very useful data! Aare we able to update details for our own cars or does an Admin do it?

Thank you, mate. :) The current version can only be updated by myself. - mainly to ensure consistency and to ensure that data is handled in accordance with data laws, etc. In effect, I'm the data controller and it permits me to manage the data I receive/present to ensure no personal/identifying information leaks through. As you are no doubt aware, data protection and sensitivity are key these days. Ultimately, I would like to be able to offer secure login for users/owners so that they can update the records themselves, but this has to be carefully considered and some level of vetting will be required to prove ownership.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Quick update.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently but family health issues have taken priority. I will provide further updates and act upon submissions I receive in due course. I may also 'streamline' the website and remove a few unused features - such as the parts finder. It simply takes too much time to keep updated and things change so rapidly that it really isn't feasible to attempt to maintain this without some form of automation. Especially when time is so limited at present.

A complete new re-design/rewrite is being considered for the future but, again, this may take some time.

Cheers,
Andy

Willowbank 37

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi mate, thank you for the feedback and for sending through the information. I have indeed received it but yet to act on it. I'll update in due course. :)

Thank you, mate. :) The current version can only be updated by myself. - mainly to ensure consistency and to ensure that data is handled in accordance with data laws, etc. In effect, I'm the data controller and it permits me to manage the data I receive/present to ensure no personal/identifying information leaks through. As you are no doubt aware, data protection and sensitivity are key these days. Ultimately, I would like to be able to offer secure login for users/owners so that they can update the records themselves, but this has to be carefully considered and some level of vetting will be required to prove ownership.
Thanks Andy, fully understand. I will send a PM with details on for #085 for you to update in due course. (y)

Reaction score
Hi Andy

If I send details of 271 on line does it work for you to upload or need to be PM ?

Cheers

Mike

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Andy

If I send details of 271 on line does it work for you to upload or need to be PM ?

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,

I've received your details - thank you. I am currently away from my computer but will update later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.