Trophy's on 'Collecting Cars'.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am I wrong in thinking the Sachs had been removed - or new ones fitted last year ???
I believe it was running on a set of new Sachs dampers from the group buy on here back in 2018, they were clearly visible in the arches on the pictures, however, it wasn't totally clear within the text / description.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So 311 with 154k made £7400 with fees.

Bearing in mind that only 1,400 miles have been added in 7 years, too much or not enough?

Given it was running pretty much brand new Sachs and had obviously had a fair bit of recent expenditure on the underneath, brakes, tyres etc, I did expect it to do a little better to be honest. I think the purchaser has definitely got a good deal and I hope they get plenty of enjoyment out of driving the car. For me I feel it perhaps highlights that the Trophy market is still led a little by the numbers displayed on the odometer rather than the actual condition and upkeep of the cars.

Reaction score
Given it was running pretty much brand new Sachs and had obviously had a fair bit of recent expenditure on the underneath, brakes, tyres etc, I did expect it to do a little better to be honest. I think the purchaser has definitely got a good deal and I hope they get plenty of enjoyment out of driving the car. For me I feel it perhaps highlights that the Trophy market is still led a little by the numbers displayed on the odometer rather than the actual condition and upkeep of the cars.

I think you’re spot on with your assessment there. The car looked nicely maintained and I think someone has got themselves a good car at a good price. I do think with the other car though that people weren’t blinkered by the low miles, in the recent market a 55k car would have commanded a lot more but I think buyers probably saw through the work ahead of them to bring the rest of the car up to a standard commensurate with the odometer

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am I wrong in thinking the Sachs had been removed - or new ones fitted last year ???

The description read

" in the last year, the front Sachs shock absorbers were replaced with brand new OE dampers, and new Eibach OE springs have been installed. "

I took this to mean Sachs (OE) front dampers with Mark Fish springs, but you are probably correct that OE dampers refers to 182 Cup spec 60mm items, given that the Sachs have been NLA for some time, or quietly sat on a shelf somewhere with the rubber components perishing.

I guess if you only drive to the MOT once a year you don`t care

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The description read

" in the last year, the front Sachs shock absorbers were replaced with brand new OE dampers, and new Eibach OE springs have been installed. "

I took this to mean Sachs (OE) front dampers with Mark Fish springs, but you are probably correct that OE dampers refers to 182 Cup spec 60mm items, given that the Sachs have been NLA for some time, or quietly sat on a shelf somewhere with the rubber components perishing.

I guess if you only drive to the MOT once a year you don`t care

Some light digging on the forum here can find that the owner of 311 bought the new dampers, as many others did, from the last remaining stock in 2018, these are presumably the ones recently fitted to the car. However, the use of 'OE dampers' in the text was a little ambiguous as it could potentially refer to Cup dampers as you point out.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I believe it was running on a set of new Sachs dampers from the group buy on here back in 2018, they were clearly visible in the arches on the pictures, however, it wasn't totally clear within the text / description.

I could not see that detail in the pictures, though I noticed that the left hand front tyre was Pzero and the rear a Continental.

If you can`t fit a full set, go home!

MC1

Reaction score
Some light digging on the forum here can find that the owner of 311 bought the new dampers, as many others did, from the last remaining stock in 2018, these are presumably the ones recently fitted to the car. However, the use of 'OE dampers' in the text was a little ambiguous as it could potentially refer to Cup dampers as you point out.

Yes they were from the group buy. Now you tell me my ambiguous errors damn [emoji23]

MC1

Reaction score
Just want to say a big thanks to the photographer Nathan Millar who did a fantastic job. He was very meticulous & patient. I would recommend him to anyone wanting their car photographed for sale or otherwise. Search his name online & you’ll get his website.

Reaction score
Just want to say a big thanks to the photographer Nathan Millar who did a fantastic job. He was very meticulous & patient. I would recommend him to anyone wanting their car photographed for sale or otherwise. Search his name online & you’ll get his website.

A friend of mine sold a Defender on CC and he was equally impressed with Nathan

Reactions: MC1

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes they were from the group buy. Now you tell me my ambiguous errors damn [emoji23]
Well it was obvious to us lot what was meant I think 😉 , and as I mentioned earlier, close study of the images confirmed that the Sachs were present.

Hope you were happy with the sale. 👍

MC1

Reaction score
Well it was obvious to us lot what was meant I think [emoji6] , and as I mentioned earlier, close study of the images confirmed that the Sachs were present.

Hope you were happy with the sale. [emoji106]

Haha yes….well I guess I should have put a pic or two of my own with the wheels off, but anyhow happy the way it’s gone, & it’s just about right where I thought it would go for.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So 311 with 154k made £7400 with fees.

Bearing in mind that only 1,400 miles have been added in 7 years, too much or not enough?

Seems a good price and instills some confidence in the work and money I have put into #189 (just hit 150k).

Some things I noticed from the images on the listing, but being pedandic perhaps, was:

Damaged front splitter in at least 2 places
Cracked rear spoiler
After market parrot kit (hard wired?)
Fairly substantial scratches down the nearside
Some abrasions and chips to the front bumper

Overall the money is probably about right.