Trophy's on 'Collecting Cars'.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Next month your car will be worth more with them I’d predict - 126k car had a Trade Value of £5475 in October but has already increased this month to £7875 as a trade live figure

We Buy Any Car will then increase there offer in November to nearer the higher figure as that will then be the November base price.

hope this helps

Interesting stuff this Nick, thanks for sharing! 👍

Reaction score
Interesting WBAC are actually offering prices. If I’m correct their outlets are BCA or Cinch. I wouldn’t imagine either of those would be a great profit platform for that type of niche model

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Your quite right Ashton - however buying cars is worked on formulas with them based on Cap prices

in most cases they don’t make much profit on the car itself - but charge buyers fees which adds up very quickly

Reaction score
Your quite right Ashton - however buying cars is worked on formulas with them based on Cap prices

in most cases they don’t make much profit on the car itself - but charge buyers fees which adds up very quickly

Well yes, a mate of mine as just bought a bmw from Car Shop, by the time he’d got it out the door they had rolled him on finance, gardex, wheel insurance and warranty. His repayments nowhere near reflect the screen price 😱

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unfortunately that’s what keeps the doors open - I’ve been in the trade for nearly 35yrs and I’ve never seen the Job so hard to buy stock - at the minute I’d say buy nothing Used unless you have to as you will be paying over the odds unless there is a rapid increase with New Car Prices. MGFV are not really increasing at the finance houses so monthly payments only go up.

Also a thing to remember the Government want us driving more Electric vehicles so why would they protect the values on Petrol/Diesel

Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s what keeps the doors open - I’ve been in the trade for nearly 35yrs and I’ve never seen the Job so hard to buy stock - at the minute I’d say buy nothing Used unless you have to as you will be paying over the odds unless there is a rapid increase with New Car Prices. MGFV are not really increasing at the finance houses so monthly payments only go up.

Also a thing to remember the Government want us driving more Electric vehicles so why would they protect the values on Petrol/Diesel

Certainly unprecedented times for the motor trade and unlikely to change for some time if trade publications are to be believed.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Most Dealers have made fortunes so far but your right the Rocky road is upon us with all the shortages

last week someone told me we were running out of Genuine Oil filters

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks for all this info Nick.

Regarding BCA I handed back my leased van to the lease company last Friday. It was a guy from BCA that came and picked it up. I asked him if it was straight to auction with in the next couple of days and he said not a chance. It was going to be getting stockpiled for months and the prices are increasing rapidly by the week !

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure if he is correct - the job has started to slow down a little at the minute and especially Vans as they are too expensive ( Enterprize rent a car/van did have a good point when I spoke to them last week though - will vans start to kick on with all the Amazon Christmas deliveries 🚚)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure if he is correct - the job has started to slow down a little at the minute and especially Vans as they are too expensive ( Enterprize rent a car/van did have a good point when I spoke to them last week though - will vans start to kick on with all the Amazon Christmas deliveries 🚚)
I thought the van market was already expensive due to the amount of drivers on the road and severe lack of stock !
Funnily enough I phoned a guy I know just after my old van got picked up last week telling him my new leased van had arrived. He bought his van just after I started my lease 3 yrs ago. He said the dealership he bought his van from have offered him an incredible price for his existing van on a new one. He’s been offered £1800 less than what he paid for it 3 yrs ago which I though was unbelievable! Maybe it is mind you 😃

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Van market takes some working out (Right Rare Vans always sell just like Cars)
Vans are really not my thing and I like to keep away from them if I can - we sell our trade vans at Manheim on a Monday every other week and are really struggling to achieve top money - however like you said they have increased incredibly in price and I think we are giving too much in p/x for them based on Cap Trade Values

Also trade vans are usually well used in condition which again hiders values - No VAT vans are the best and attract lots of buyers

Reaction score

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bought this a few weeks ago (A Team Van -just needs the Red stripe)
180 bop diesel Automatic - drives really well for a Van - 0 to 60 n 7.4 seconds

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So 311 with 154k made £7400 with fees.

Bearing in mind that only 1,400 miles have been added in 7 years, too much or not enough?