Reaction score
What are peoples current thoughts on the Trophy's Steering wheel?

Thankfully mine still looks OK but i'm aware that many with a few more miles on have suffered from excessive 'melting' and the thumbgrips start to split and perish. I had this with an old 172 Cup.

So, what are the current options........ I've heard KTEC are soon to be selling replacement thumbgrips for £30 + Vat for a pair, but i've also heard of some place that will re-trim an entire wheel for around £130 including the thumbgrips. Does anyone know this place and if the price is correct? Might be nice to have the wheel re-trimmed early to feel the benifit before it neeeeds doing....???

Reaction score
I'm looking at options as mines part melted on the right hand side :x

There was a thread on cliosport.net where someone was offering retrims around the £120 mark I believe.

Reaction score
a gark grey real suede re-trim with red top marker would be very nice on the trophy, a more thicker grip ( like on the 197 wheel ) would also be good as the trophy wheel just feels too thin sometimes.

Reaction score
Have had mine retrimmed, fitted it couple weekends ago. Sorry forgot to post pics.

Toyed with idea of red stitching and center band but settled for and OE look in the end.

01082010366.jpg

:D

Reaction score
keith185 said:
Have had mine retrimmed, fitted it couple weekends ago. Sorry forgot to post pics.

Toyed with idea of red stitching and center band but settled for and OE look in the end.

01082010366.jpg

:D

Looks very tidy, where did you get it retrimmed?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This ^

I've seen them in the flesh and they look pretty good. If you can get hold of the fabric you can have it in anyh style you want. Crocodile skin anyone?

Reaction score
Tinker said:
keith185 said:
tallandy said:
Looks very tidy, where did you get it retrimmed?

All details here :)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... ase-Read!!!

Any qusetions ask away :)
Not a user on that forum, who did you use?

It's a guy called Arran, his mate does them. He works for aston martin.

He removes the thumb grips and remakes them in leather and replaces the rest of the 'french leather' with proper leather.

Costs £150 and your wheel in exchange

Reaction score
I don't suppose anyone knows the trimmers name do they? I'm not on cliosport but I do work in the Aston design studio ;-). Our trimmer (Doug) doesn't do private jobs unfortunately so I guess it's someone from the production line.
One of my thumbgrips is flapping around now! K-tec don't do the carbon grips as they couldn't get consistant results. I'd love an alcantara retrim (or an R26.r wheel).
Luke.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Does anyone know the name of this guy?
Thanks.

Sorry don't know the retimmers name, he's like the Stig or upholstry.

Guy who arranges it is Arran.