Reaction score
With our second child due in September, we had to rationalise our cars. First the wife's Civic EP3 Type-R Premier went to be replaced by a 5 door MK5 Golf R32, now my Trophy is being replaced by a Megane RS DCi175.

I've owned the car for just over 3.5years covering 44,000 brilliant miles, it has been a pleasure to own such a great car. T9PHY included with the car.

Has a full and comprehensive history for not only the standard service items, but also the extras that have been added.

Main points to note regarding service history,cam-belt service done by Renault 23rd Oct 2009 @ 26,117 miles, not due until either 23rd Oct 2014 or 98,000 miles whichever is first.
Auxiliary belt service new belts plus tensioner 8th Jan 2013, will be due at same time as cam-belt as it is 3years or 36,000 miles which would be 99,000miles.
6th Nov 2010 engine oil/filter service @37017miles
6th Aug 2011 engine oil/filter service @45967miles
11th May 2012 engine oil/filter service, plus gearbox oil change @53725
16th Apr 2013 brake fluid change Castrol Super DOT4 new Brembo front pads @ 68579miles

70,000 miles and will not increase as the Megane is now in service.
MOT until Oct 24th 2013, Tax until 31 Oct 2013 HPI clear with certificate carried out by Lexus Milton Keynes 22 Mar 2013 as we bought our R32 from here and salesman did them for free on the Trophy and Type-R.

Standard Trophy items of Recaro Trendline seats, which have been lowered by approx 10mm. Free from kerbing and never been refurbished 16" Speedline Turini alloy wheels with correct 205/45/16 Michelin PS3 tyres all round all with more than 6mm tread. Manual air-con re-gassed approx 2 years ago and working as it should.

Front Sachs dampers were rebuilt by BG Motorsport 18th Dec 2009 fully adjustable now, and given clean bill of health by 519 Automotive 8th Jan this year.
Mark Fish Motorsport springs all round with Mark Fish supplied rear adjustable Koni dampers. OEM Eibach springs and rear Sachs kept.
Eibach front camber bolts set to 1.75degress negative camber and 10mins tow out.
Whiteline rear anti-roll bar. Polybushed front anti roll bar.
Matched inlet's with polished exterior finish
Fastchip 98Ron map
K&N drop in filter
Full coolant and inlet red Samco hose set and red conduit to tidy up engine bay
Engine cover sprayed Capsicum red to match the car
K-Tec polished front strut brace bar, doesn't do much but looks nice
Streamline carbon front splitter, carbon wrapped fog light surrounds, mirror surrounds, rear bumper insert, exhaust surrounds, rear Renault diamond, side strip 'bullets' with 2L 16V in red, dash panels and dial surrounds with yellow tacho
Clio badge from tailgate removed and holes welded up and resprayed, custom made decals for tailgate and dash panels, spares available as we have our own cutting machine
Wing mirror covers sprayed correct Ixel paint code to match the Speedline Turini wheels
Steering wheel re-trimmed in genuine leather by guy who worked at Bentley for nearly 30 years with red stitching & TDC marker as OEM fake leather melts and rubber thumb grips fall apart. This is in a different league quality wise
Custom made real leather with matching red stitching gear gaiter with polished surround replaced fake leather one and alloy Richbrook gearknob similar to Swiss Trophy's
Alloy footrest to match the pedal covers
Flocked A pillar covers, and door mirror backs on the doors to match

Genuine Renault accessories parcel shelf with built in component speakers, original shelf kept in box. Front OEM replacement Pioneer speakers
Cabasse Auditorium head unit from a full-fat Clio 182 giving 4X40W output and richer sound instead of 4X22W, original kept
6 disc CD auto-changer under passenger seat and Auxiliary in lead to run ipod/mp3 player
Wiper stock modification which means car now has speed control on intermittent setting
Clio 182 half leather/alcantara rear split folding rear bench, original base spec 1 piece bench kept
Clio 182 alcantara door cards, again original base spec items kept
Clio 182 sun visors with built in illuminated vanity mirrors
Clio 182 silver handbrake button
Clio 182 interior light with map reading light currently set up for passenger side

I also have a set of 15" wheels with 195/50/15 Hankook iCept EVO winter tyres which proved to be brilliant over winter months, all four have approx 7mm of tread that I could include if wanted, saves the Turini's over harsher months.

Paint work as can be seen in the pictures is pretty good for the age of the car with usual stone chips, though not excessive, I do try and keep all my cars in good condition without becoming an obsessive 'detailer'. One minor area on top left of bonnet where some lacquer peeled and has been touched in, though colour not perfect match, I have tried to photograph to highlight it.

£5000 no p/x please.
Aaron.

null-39.jpg
null-38.jpg
null-37.jpg
null-42.jpg
null-40.jpg
null-41.jpg
null-50.jpg
null-51.jpg
null-49.jpg
null-48.jpg
null-44.jpg
null-47.jpg
null-45.jpg
null-43.jpg
null-46.jpg
null-36.jpg
null-1.jpg
null-11.jpg

Reaction score
Car was sold today to the first viewer who had expressed interest in the car the first day it was advertised. A really nice guy with an interesting and extensive car history, who came a considerable distance from Cornwall to my home in Northamptonshire to get it. I know he joined the site and will update in due course.

I had a wonderful 3.5 years and 44,000 trouble free and truely enjoyable miles in the Trophy. The replacement RS Megane DCi175 is a very competent and comfortable car, not as chuckable or as electrifying as the Trophy. But 52.5mpg I've averaged over 1800miles I've done since I have got it is nice on my 90 miles a day commute up from 38 I got in the Trophy offer a little solstice. It's a LUX & Cup packed car with all the toys such as keyless entry, auto lights and wipers, full leather etc and after two days of pain, swearing, sweat and nearly tears the brakes actually work really well as were poor when I bought it, but did my reading & knew that the pads were probably seized as were the caliper pins on the front Brembo's.

I'll continue to view the forum to check on updates of my old car, and will miss the car and sorry to miss the next Trophy meeting as last one at Gaydon was great.

Aaron.

Reaction score
I don't think Aaron used him but I believe many on CS.net utilise the services of the one they call Snappy - a good standard of work from what I've seen but Aaron's really is top drawer.

Reaction score
The wheel was done by Andy (Snappy on Clio Sport) one of the first he did and I remember him saying the OEM covering was really poor quality material. I was so pleased with it I got him to do our Civic Type-R EP3 steering wheel and want a spare Megane wheel to do as although the Megane wheel is a good size it suffers the same plasticky feeling, plus I want blue stitching blue TDC marker and he does perforated leather as well which the Megane wheel has. Even considered doing the Golf R32 (Civic replacement) wheel as although top quality leather it would be nicer with coloureds stitching and a TDC marker maybe in silver/grey.

Anyway his details are http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?84701-snappy