Trophy for sale at Orion Solutions

Reaction score
I live 5 minutes away so i mgiht check it out.

FYI - I'm thinking of putting my trophy up for sale. 92K miles, 1 previous owner, all repirs carried out inclding brand new refurbished sachs, RS192 exhaust etc..
I'm waiting for the sachs to come back from Cornering Force and will put up a proper ad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That’ll be great if you have a look Rhys. I’ve got my eye on a couple of Trophy’s - none of them perfect (the better ones are higher milers, but I’m fine with that).

I get the impression that £5,500 is a bit steep for a 130,000 miler, but if it’s priced right then it’ll sell.

I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for your ad when it goes live mate.

Reaction score
I’d say the price isn’t too far off at that mileage. Particularly if it’s a dealer.

Reaction score
Didn't that dealer have an Oddessy Blue ph1 recently, didn't get a good review on cs

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I saw a Trophy there last year before I bought mine. It had more miles than mine and was £1k more. Their stuff is at the higher end but as a dealer you’d expect a little mark up. The bloke selling them is the owners son. It seems like he has a little side line in Clio’s. I can remember seeing some rather nicer stuff in their warehouse though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just went to have a look but they're closed on sundays and everything is inside the warehouse. there was a clio 172 and a very ncie citroen DS outside though.

Reaction score
Hi Ian, no i'm afriad i didnt see the car, they all seem to be locked inside and it's appointment only.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have done some research and can confirm this is 335 / 500 previously owned by Luke335 on here (thanks for the info Luke).

I know the Sachs are in a box in the boot and need a refurb - contacted Rik for details (thanks Rik).

There is a file of receipts I presume from Luke's days.

Luke sold the car a couple of years ago to a Professor / Lecturer (Chesterfield ?) who owns a Liquid Yellow V6 and may have or had another low mileage Trophy .... does anyone on here know the Gentleman, or if he reads this can he please reply :)

The circumstances for the sale are sadly quite tragic and I will not go in to that here, but the car looks on the photos and sounds by the description to be pretty good at that price and mileage.

I am going to look at it on Saturday, so if anyone knows the Professor or anything about 335 please let me know.

Many thanks

Ian

Reaction score
I have done some research and can confirm this is 335 / 500 previously owned by Luke335 on here (thanks for the info Luke).

I know the Sachs are in a box in the boot and need a refurb - contacted Rik for details (thanks Rik).

There is a file of receipts I presume from Luke's days.

Luke sold the car a couple of years ago to a Professor / Lecturer (Chesterfield ?) who owns a Liquid Yellow V6 and may have or had another low mileage Trophy .... does anyone on here know the Gentleman, or if he reads this can he please reply :smile:

The circumstances for the sale are sadly quite tragic and I will not go in to that here, but the car looks on the photos and sounds by the description to be pretty good at that price and mileage.

I am going to look at it on Saturday, so if anyone knows the Professor or anything about 335 please let me know.

Many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

Did you look at this car, interested to know the condition considering the mileage.

Thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Greenouse sorry but no I didn't. Got a last minute ticket to Donington Historics and am busy next couple of weekends. I emailed the seller to advise and will get back to it when I can.

Reaction score
Hope you had fun at Donington - I was racing my Mustang there.

I paid £5.4k for a 115,000 mile Trophy a few weeks back.

Reaction score
Orion Solutions looks very much like Williams Motor Company, Cardiff which closed down (as does the stock and address).

Caveat Emptor.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Orion Solutions looks very much like Williams Motor Company, Cardiff which closed down (as does the stock and address).

Caveat Emptor.
Yes it is in terms of company owner and also known as Autopia .... I read up on the web and also saw the Watchdog piece etc.

The Clio sales were being done by his son as those interested him (others were largely brokerage sales) .... you can find the story of his son on the web if you want but he is no longer with us, and his father is now selling off the cars his son had acquired.

I spoke to Andrew and did a thorough HPI check on the car ... Andrew sent me the V5 pictures for me to verify it with etc. and he knew the background to the previous owners that I also checked into.

Indeed Caveat Emptor but on the face of it the car is what is key and on paper is bona fida ... I would like to look at it in person but that will be a while as busy next few weekends and not in a rush ... suspect it will make a good car for someone.

He also has another Trophy in a more modified form for sale.

Ian

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hope you had fun at Donington - I was racing my Mustang there.

I paid £5.4k for a 115,000 mile Trophy a few weeks back.

Yes a great day - which is yours as the 'tin tops' are my favored cars so U2TC, Pre-66 GT etc.

Mileage impacts value for sure but condition and history more important to me as it will definitely be driven (track days also :))