Reaction score
It would appear the Trophy is a finely honed pheasant killing implement.

Whilst I wouldn't condone the killing of innocent creatures the fact this bird flew into the front of my car kind of serves it right especially as I now have a broken half grill !! Don't suppose anyone knows how much they are to replace?

Still, could be worse, my mate had a sparrow hawk fly through his clios grill and embed its head in his radiator on the M6!

Reaction score
Trophy 1 - 0 Rabbit

Damn wildlife just has no consideration for others does it? :lol:

I managed confirm that a Trophy is also a finely honed rabbit killing implement within the first week of ownership...

Don't know how much the grille costs - hope thats all the damage and you get it sorted soon!

Reaction score
Well, seems it's actually Trophy 1 -1 Pheasant. Got a broken but glueable grille and a bonnet with a dent and a crease in it. Seems pheasants are not to be messed with!
My mate hit a badger last night in his mums focus estate and has less damage!!! bugger.

Reaction score
I've taken down a good few pheasants where I live, they're just not particularly bright critters I'm afraid. They also have an annoying tendency to damage grills/splitters or to leave bits of themselves in your engine bay where they become quite gamey. It's amazing how much damage hollow birds can do when you hit them at 90 or so.

Not tagged one in Ruby yet though, but my old C2 GT was pushing double figures.

Reaction score
Look at this!
Happend at goodwood in fordwater doing 120 in the CSL the crow didn't stand a chance

Attachments

• bird1.jpg
    bird1.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 497
Reaction score
unlucky, that looks really messy!!!! m3 csl's are lush, hoping to get one beginnig of next year after ive had enough fun in the clio!!!

Reaction score
Roadkill fan penning recipe book

Here you go Portland:

A man from north Cornwall who regularly eats animals killed on the roads is set to share his unusual taste with others.

Arthur Boyt, who is 66 and from Davidstow, is writing a recipe book about his gastronomic enthusiasm for roadkill.

Mr Boyt, a retired civil servant, insists the creatures are no threat to health if they are well cooked.

He has been picking up the bodies of a wide variety of creatures and cooking them for 30 years.

'Good meat'

Mr Boyt, who has a degree in biology, cooks the meat at a high temperature for a long time, ensuring it is safe to eat.

"It's good meat for free and I know nobody has been messing with it and feeding it with hormones and growth accelerants and so on. It's just natural, fully organic meat."

Some of his more unusual meals have included a greater horseshoe bat and otter.

He regularly eats badger, rabbit, deer, weasel, hedgehog, squirrel and fox.

"I've lived off roadkill for the last 30 years or so. It adds to the pleasure of a meal to know I haven't paid for it," said Mr Boyt, whose wife Su is a vegetarian.

Mr Boyt says that as well as writing his book he has been approached by Gordon Ramsay's cookery programme the F-Word, to cook one of his roadkill dishes later this year.

Mr Boyt, whose wife Su is a vegetarian
Haha, can't imagine why!

Reaction score
Ah yes, I heard of that nut a while ago.

I must confess to having clipped pheasants before now and stopped to pick them up. Wouldn't have thought they'd be much meat on a squirrel though. Maybe you get multiples and bang them in a pie.