Reaction score
I've decided to go for it and I've purchased a GoPro HD for some in-car track video 8)

Its primarily for the Nurburgring and as you're all no doubt well aware the buggers don't let you film there :(

Has anyone come up with any ingenious in car camera mounts which are discreet or easy to attach/remove?

I was hoping to fit it in the bumper somewhere but I'm thinking I don't have the mechanical know-how to dismantle the bumper so a cockpit view is probably best.

Thanks

Rick

Reaction score
Not sure on the mechanical side but... your right when i went there they didnt allow filming from the start/car park :D We was filiming it on a digital camera and a worker said put your camera down and then leaned in and said you can film once through the gate and winked. As for a mounted camera people had the mounts set up on the interior with no camera on it and then once through the gate and past the cones they would pull up to the left and put there camera on the mount as seen on most videos on youtube......

ENJOY!

Elliott.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Wait until you are out on the ring and then put your camera on it's mount inside the car and off you go! :twisted:

Reaction score
That is a good idea but 2 major negatives:

1. By the time you get around the cones you need to accelerate immediately. If you pull over you'll lose a few seconds lap time

2. I would prefer to remove the camera again before I got back to the car park so I'd have to pull over after the gantry which wouldn't be ideal

But certainly could get a few external shots which I wouldn't otherwise be able to get :D

Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't even start to consider what lap time your getting!! It's irrelevant to anyone! Just go there and enjoy it safely! You will have your first lap and then want to beat it and that's when it becomes dangerous!!! The ring' is very dangerous in any weather as your probably aware by looking at your avatar.

When your coming to end just move over, slow down and clip it off. There is only a bloke waving you off anyway he won't notice it :mrgreen: or get a passenger to unclip it.

Enjoy it!!!! when you going? A few friends of mine are there early September.

Elliott

Reaction score
I've been there a few times now but thanks for the heads up anyway :wink:

I'd really like some sort of headrest mount but the shape of the seats doesn't lend itself to that :|

Reaction score
I've got a suction mount for my GoPro, pull in after the cones about 2 seconds to stick it on and off you go, the straights plenty long enough and wide enough to be able to pull to one side and not get in anyones way!

Reaction score
Its just arrived today. It's an impressive bit of kit 8)

Gman said:
I've got a suction mount for my GoPro, pull in after the cones about 2 seconds to stick it on and off you go, the straights plenty long enough and wide enough to be able to pull to one side and not get in anyones way!

The suction mount that comes with the GoPro motorsport is a bloody huge industrial strength cup for fitting to the exterior of a car :lol:

I do have a smaller window mount for compact cameras, I've just ordered a tripod adapter and hopefully that'll do the trick.

Cheers :D