Today I have mostly been ......

Reaction score
Drove to Swidon to meet Miller (lovely bloke) and pick up a set of fully refurbished Sachs front dampers which look fantastic, can't wait to get them on. Will be going with a set of Mark Fish springs all round and with brand new Sachs rears on should be great.

got home took front bumper off, fixed horn and refurbished the original headlight then put it all back together. Took ages but satisfying.

good day

Reaction score
A bit more work on #449 today. I picked up the OE splitter last week. It was brand new in the bag, previous owner had bought it but never got round to fitting.
It was immediately apparent that there was no way I was ever going to do a decent job trying to fit it with the bumper on. It was only a 15 minute job taking the bumper off anyway.

Those of you with the standard splitter will know they are almost a solid piece of plastic which requires some persuasion to fit correctly. Anyway 4 sets of mole grips, half a dozen M4 self taping bolts and a couple of drilling adjustments and it was fitted. I'm very pleased with it. I wouldn't have paid the £180 Renault wanted for one but with the cash I got for the Ktec one its cost me about £30. I will just have to be wary of it around high kerbs etc.

i gave the car a bit of a freshen up too in all the areas behind the bumper. I took a couple of pics but it was hard to actually capture the look of the splitter
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
Reaction score
Another job or two well done. The standard splitter is not worth the £'s and is a pain to fit. But has to be done.

Reaction score
Well I did the usual today, got hold of a bit of #449 and pulled! I was thrilled to find something else to get the grime out of ! Also gave the rubbers a thorough coating of vinyl and rubber cleaner. Lovely !
c4db8cbe6e4d044e35ea7901bdc6ab57.jpg

Reaction score
Popped in a poly-bushed (Powerflex) twisted dogbone gearbox mount last night, a relatively simple and rewarding job. Did it with the car on axle stands, which meant rather tight working conditions but access to the various bolts was fine. On to the upper engine mount (with Powerflex insert) and upper/lower gearbox mounts (both OE) next.

Reaction score
That's fine and will come in useful for removing many bits of these clip together cars[emoji3]
I bought the new clips from
My local dealer, they weren't very good at identifying them, he ended up letting me find them on the parts diagram. I seem to think I put a pic of them on my thread somewhere. You will break one or 2 of them getting the channel out though without doubt. Let me know if you need anymore help, I can photo one of my spare clips so you can get them before doing the job if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
These are the clips. I recall seeing them on eBay too. Maybe worth there before dealership fd2c5aec1788db61d0de70597aed588b.jpg

Reaction score
Yes those are right. Order a set as I will guarantee you will break at least 3 !

Reaction score
Ordered along with the tool kit.

Also ordered the parts I need to send off to be sprayed, thanks for your help pal, its been much appreciated!

Reaction score
No probs. I've taken most of the bits off my car so just shout up