Today I have mostly been ......

Reaction score
how did do you dry them and how long did it take to dry????

Well they a man made fibre construction so dry quickly, pulling it through a microfibre cloth gets it quite dry then I just left the clip on and draped it over the seats it was dry by the next day

Reaction score
A few more little jobs done tonight. I got the bumper bolted back up then onto fitting the newly painted handles. I bought a spare set for the painter so I could fit them at my leisure but decided to do it rather than wait.

Nothing too difficult, like most things on a Clio, it's knowing where the fasteners are and when to pull and where to pull. I must say the trim removal tools make the job loads easier and you can use far more of the clips without breaking them.

I got got the machine polisher into the recesses when the handles were off to get the nail marks out of the paint.

Im very pleased again with the result.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
Reaction score
I put the badges back on the car today, it's virtually impossible to machine polish the tailgate with them on so after using the fishing line to remove them I cleaned them up and after some hunting found some adhesive badge sheet whereby you peel off the backing then press the badge onto the sticky surface. Then press the badge onto it and make sure each letter is properly pressed on. Then peel the sheet off the badge. The badge pulls the adhesive off the backing and stops on the back of the letters.
You then just make sure the panel is de greased with IPA or similar and press the badge on. Brilliant!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
Reaction score
Stunning car mate :)

who did did the spray work for you? I ask as I need a recommended body shop - all around here are sh1te.

Reaction score
Thanks Paul, I'm getting there with it. I'm extremely happy with the bodywork now, I've just about done all the paint correction and now I've got rid of my pink bits and all the car is the same colour it looks great.

I use a bodyshop in Grantham. He does a top quality job. A mate of mine in Doncaster has a Kia dealership down there and uses the paintshop so just takes my bits with him to work and drops them off. If you want a quality job near to us use Central Garage at Hoyland. They are really good.

Reaction score
Spent a bit more time in the garage today and did the door shuts and all the door seal rubbers. The amount of grime in the rubber folds and flaps was amazing, I used rubber trim dressing on a cloth and a small brush to sort the rubbers out.

I cleaned the door shuts with a degreaser and a small steamer unit I've got. It's gets the dirt and grease out of the crevices and joints really well.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
Reaction score
Thanks Paul, I'm getting there with it. I'm extremely happy with the bodywork now, I've just about done all the paint correction and now I've got rid of my pink bits and all the car is the same colour it looks great.

I use a bodyshop in Grantham. He does a top quality job. A mate of mine in Doncaster has a Kia dealership down there and uses the paintshop so just takes my bits with him to work and drops them off. If you want a quality job near to us use Central Garage at Hoyland. They are really good.

Thanks for for help buddy. Hoyland isn't too far away :)

And too work with the car :)

Reaction score
Thanks for for help buddy. Hoyland isn't too far away :)

And too work with the car :)

yes give them a try, I'm on the Lotus forum, a few of the guys on there have used central garage, they come highly recommended

Reaction score
A couple of simple jobs done today. I went to Renparts, they are only a few mins away from me and always helpful. I got a rear bumper trim strip from them, mine looked like it had been scuffed at some time so I didn't want to put it back on. The guys at Renparts did some searching around and found me one that looked brand new. They also gave me a couple of the screw caps that cover the screws in the interior door pulls.
No photos today though

Reaction score
Just a little 15 min job done today. I bought an aux lead off eBay. I did the usual and realised if bought it from China after paying but anyway 2 weeks later it arrived.
I've fitted it in the panel above the cup holder as I didn't want it anywhere too much on show.
It works fine. At least I have another music option off the iPhone now eb19793b1538e40b95dba08d558b0455.jpg7672935b762eb9b73c068e3d78269821.jpg

Reaction score
Gotta be done, slide little orange light shade out of ashtray so mine sits in ash tray out of sight when not in use. ;-)

Reaction score
A bit more taking apart yesterday. The high level brake light wasn't working. It seems to be the light itself so picked another up this morning locally. Back together tonight. Another polishing the hard to get to places opportunity! f8d67ecf8cd045eeee71409ee1eba940.jpg

Reaction score
Picked this up today. I thought it might go well with the rest of the "boot kit" 78b7ee3eceb683bfd66f7d6caada43ce.jpg

Reaction score
Popped in a pair of Citroen mist washer jets today. A two minute job, very easy to do, the jets look great on the bonnet and apparently the spray pattern is better than the standard kit. All for £6.40 delivered off eBay!!