Reaction score
Hello, I have bought sachs shock absorbers for my clio. I shall wish freed the thumb wheels of shock absorbers to be able to act on regulations. But I meet a problem on one of the shock absorbers. The pin of blocking is aligned with the tapping of the screw without head and I do not arrive to reach the screw with a key. I tried to drill the pin without result. I think of being obliged of broken the thumb wheel to be able to remove the screw and the pin. But before making a stupidity I shall like knowing where can i buy one find thumb wheels of regulation for her replaced? If there another solution to be able to freed the thumb wheel? PS: I am French and as you can see i'm not very talented in English. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi,

There are two places in the UK that will refurbish the sachs shock absorbers.

http://www.corneringforce.com/ and http://www.bgmotorsports.co.uk/

Both will remove the pin from the wheel, and so most people who have had their dampers refurbished will have the adjuster working.

I have heard it can be removed by yourself fairly simply. However it is a risk that you may damage the wheel. If so you may need to contact one of the above or an equivalent sachs supplier for a new part.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think he means that the locking pin is bisecting the grub screw. To remove the locking pin you need to remove the grub screw and gently lever the thumb wheel off so he has a bit of a vicious circle. The only way I can think is to drill the grub screw out through the pin but you will destroy the thread and render the thumb wheel useless so a phone call to either of the above will be the only way.

Reaction score
Thank you for your answers. Hoolio understood my problem " the locking pine is bisecting the grub screw ". I asked has sachs, bgmotorsports, and has of other professional of shock absorbers (in France) and all said the thumb wheel not detailed. That is why I ask you if somebody on the forum would have one tricks to get itself the thumb wheels of regulations only.