Reaction score
I'm thinking of booking a trackday soon....
Apart from the obvious things like insurance, helmet etc
I was wondering if any of the trackday veterans on here could give me any advice.
I'm looking for info' like, what should i take with me? Do i have to tape my lights? Do i have to fit a tow point? and anything else I should know about, or any links to good info' sites.
Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated...

G

I haven't yet had the chance to try out the Trophy on track (I've had it less than a week, but initial impressions are very promising), but it's the same story no matter what car you have, so I can offer some advice. One thing I would say with the Trophy is tape over the fog lamps - they're terribly exposed to stones.

Stuff to take with you:
Helmet;
Foot pump;
A decent tyre pressure gauge;
Duct tape - for those authentic-looking BTCC-style repairs;
Window cleaner and a cloth;
Driving license;
Engine oil;
A couple of bottles of water;
Probably some other stuff I've forgotten;
And, under no circumstances, wear a race suit. It's like turning up to a non-fancy-dress party dressed as someone from The Village People.

There's no point in taping up the lights of a car with plastic headlamps, so I never bother. People that think they're competing in Le Mans, however, do. Definitely fit the towing eye to the car - else if you do end up in the gravel, marshals often think of novel places to attach a rope...

Which track were you thinking of going to? Bedford Autodrome is best for beginners (lots of run-off area), but I would advise against going to an airfield day - the car would be savaged by stones.

I don't have time to write any more, but I hope that's at least some help!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
David87 said:
And, under no circumstances, wear a race suit. It's like turning up to a non-fancy-dress party dressed as someone from The Village People.

LMAO - I know someone who did this once and that was the exact comment I came out with, very very funny.

David87 said:
There's no point in taping up the lights of a car with plastic headlamps, so I never bother. People that think they're competing in Le Mans, however, do. Definitely fit the towing eye to the car - else if you do end up in the gravel, marshals often think of novel places to attach a rope...

Which track were you thinking of going to? Bedford Autodrome is best for beginners (lots of run-off area), but I would advise against going to an airfield day - the car would be savaged by stones.

I don't have time to write any more, but I hope that's at least some help!

I'd agree about the tape but it's usefull if you know people are taking pics and the quality of image can sometimes render numberplate recognition useless.