Reaction score
Hi I was cleaning my car before Inc engine bay, set off to go into town and everything was fine.... Untill the emmissions light started flashing and missfiring?? Could water have got in somewhere????? It's running but everytime you put your foot down there's
No power.....

Reaction score
update - checked over the coilpack ad all the plugs are firing. checked the spark plugs, they are slightly dirty and had some water residue on them - cleaned them up and started up fine......at low revs its fine but as soon as you press harder on the throttle it starts missfiring. The emmissions light was flashing up last ngt but its not doing it now.
????????????????

Reaction score
Think this maybe the same problem as mine, is it making a smell when you put your foot down? I thought it maybe the clutch, not to sure though. A mechanic had a quick look yesterday said it wasent the clutch - next job is to have engine diag on it, see what happens... :( :cry:

R

Reaction score
UPDATE** all better again now :D cleaned the plugs and checked the leads. fired the car up and BINGO! not sounding like a scooby anymore!
Got new plugs, leads and a new coilpack or order for nxt service (so will be like new!)

Reaction score
Well mine is constantly misfiring now and the engine light constantly flashes. Ive stopped using it after tonight and ive got new spark plugs an leads or order. Just hope that fixes it on friday!!!

Glad to know ur is working pal! :)

R

Reaction score
Yeah my mate - who used to have a 182 turbo and is a mechanic! :D said check all the ignition side of it. Coil pack (see if each one is sparking) the leads (no tears or bad connection) and last the plugs (clean and good contact)

When I looked at each plug they were slightly black (too rich fuel running through) so cleaed them up with wire brush and they seem to be working fine!

The emmissions light will be flashing as the 02 sensor is reading the mixture in the exhaust is wrong. exactly what mine was doing :)

Reaction score
Glad to hear mate! I got some new plug at weekend and is running ALOT better! £50 from EK Brake motor factors. OE parts. :D

Reaction score
gib172 said:
Glad to hear mate! I got some new plug at weekend and is running ALOT better! £50 from EK Brake motor factors. OE parts. :D

Not sure what plugs my machanic put in to be honest gib. All i know is they were Platinum ones.
[-o< :?:
R