Reaction score
Hi all,

I don't drive my T throughout the winter and over this period of time I SORN it off the road. My T is still off the road in my garage and has not been started up or moved in over 5 months. I'm worried that leaving the engine off in the same position over this length of time will cause it damage. Although I have done this for the past 3 years and not had a problem, I don’t want to be doing anything that will potential cause a problem.

Should I be starting it up every month or so and letting it run up to temperature or something similar to get all moving parts moving again and water and oil circulating??

Cheers, Rob

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Some differing advice available really and it's something I have to ponder every autumn with the 5gtt. 5/6 months is not too long really but the best advice is to put it away serviced and in tip top condition. Google car storage and make up your own mind with what you are happy with.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
We have the Turbo (see picture below) and thats in storage 10 months out of 12.
I only used it twice last year and its off the road all the time.

The car is kept in a carcoon and it has the battery conditioner on it so it keeps the battery fine.
I start it once a month and leave it running for atleast an hour and let the fluids heat up and move.
While its running i check tyre pressures and lights and sometimes spary the door hinges and bonnet release with WD40.

It is fully serviced when it comes out and it is fully serviced before it goes away.
Oil filter
Air filter
Fuel filter
Spark Plugs
HT leads
New Oil

PatsSale002.gif