Renault UK selling Trophy 001 and other Heritage Fleet cars

GPH

Reaction score
A video live this morning on Collecting Cars with Chris Harris announces that Renault UK is selling off it's heritage fleet of cars
I guess now the next generation is going to be electric they have no need to promote Renault Sport models as the brand is dead
Tis is trophy number 001 I think? HT05 BZX
Could this be the first £30k plus Trophy for someone who likes the number and fame from being in many magazines and YouTube films.
The LY V6 is also there but no 001 LHD Clio WIlliams
Chris Harris Introduces 'The Renault Collection' - YouTube

GPH

Reaction score
EVO October 2009 Top 10 Greatest Drivers cars
(one careful owner ;) )

Attachments

• Clio Trophy Top 10 Greatest drivers cars EVO Oct 2009.jpg
    Clio Trophy Top 10 Greatest drivers cars EVO Oct 2009.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Would be nice to see Chris Harris do a proper review on the 182 Trophy

Reaction score
Would be nice to see Chris Harris do a proper review on the 182 Trophy

The fact he said he wished he could find a way to buy/store it says it all you need to know. Nothing more to be said about a Trophy that hasn't already been said. The Renaultsport Clios are some of the finest driving hot hatches of all time and the Trophy was the best of those that left the factory.

I can see this one hitting £25-£28k. I doubt it will see £30k as some are banding around but who knows. All depends how much someone wants it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The fact he said he wished he could find a way to buy/store it says it all you need to know. Nothing more to be said about a Trophy that hasn't already been said. The Renaultsport Clios are some of the finest driving hot hatches of all time and the Trophy was the best of those that left the factory.

I can see this one hitting £25-£28k. I doubt it will see £30k as some are banding around but who knows. All depends how much someone wants it.

Absolutely agree

Reaction score
Trophy No.

The £30k is hopeful, though not impossible, but it is an auction so it’s not someone. You need two someone’s to want it that much ;)

Reaction score
I’m going to say £45k for this. I’m tempted to sell my Yaris and my 172 Cup to buy it, but then it’ll worth too much to actually drive and enjoy it.

Having Trophy No. 1 though?! I didn’t think
It’d ever be possible.

Reactions: GPH
Reaction score
Hopefully it will go to a proper enthusiast,especially being that little bit extra special being car 001.

Be interesting watching how it goes 😁

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Working with a few experts in the motor trade, have had a flick through some of the images for this sale and do have some reservations, but in no terms am I saying anything to go against this being a high value, low mileage and collectable example.

It strikes me from this image and some of the front end that this vehicle has had some bodywork / partial respray, particularly obvious from the lower grille being slightly out of place and the finish to the door shown in this image. It is also apparent from this very photo that the front tyre(s) have had some damage from some hard cornering!

1646840438149.png

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Tyres are certainly past there best,,,, thats some hard cornering theyve had, but then again the journo,s have used it...

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have seen this in the flesh at CSF17 and the bodywork is not the best with the front end being painted (im assuming multiple times) and some bits and bobs that just dont sit right and dont line up.

You can tell for some of its 16k that its had a hard life round tracks and B roads.

If the collector spent some time and money on getting it 90% to 95% it would be an amazing car.

Reaction score
Is that not part of its history tho that it was the press car and pushed to the limit to prove itself

Reaction score
Folks, I think it has to be accepted that if anyone is wanting something exceptional condition wise these are not the cars to buy. Bear in mind they have been used and abused by motoring hacks around tracks and across country with very little regard for their future owners. Chris Harris in his piece alludes to this in his with his suggestion of scuffs and other varied signs of abuse. There will be better cars out there but what you would be getting as an owner is a little bit of provenance. With the Trophy you would get #1 and the various photo clips and magazine articles that come with that. Obviously the low mileage is a big plus for many.
No doubt buyers will be attracted to the cars and I hope they all sell for good money as this reverberates through the marque in general.

I don’t think though that buying any of the RUK cars will put you into any sort of concours arena, just a bit of an exclusive club based on the provenance and pictorial history of the cars.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Is that not part of its history tho that it was the press car and pushed to the limit to prove itself

Possibly yes, Each to there own I guess and fair play who ever buys it, Its got a shed load of history none the less with a lot of coverage from multiple mags / journalists and it has very very low miles.

Would you pay £20k for the cleanest well built full restoration nut and bolt Trophy with 100K ?

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Whilst not wishing to sound too cynical, but I'm doubtful the new owner/collector of this car will be remotely bothered by the state of the rubber or if it's had paint or not (let's face it, most of these cars have now, with replacements for corroding bonnets, correcting fading plastic etc)... I foresee it to be destined to end up in another storage facility, sat under a cover or perhaps in a carcoon, whiling the time away until it can be wheeled out for another auction sale in the future.