Renault UK selling Trophy 001 and other Heritage Fleet cars

Reaction score
WOW. I’m shocked that the Trophy made more than R26.R #001 - with no disrespect to the Clio, it’s not as special in my mind as one of those would be. As above, Harris’ short but glowing segment in that video no doubt helped the sale.

GPH

Reaction score
GPH - You must be so proud watching these extremely unique vehicles today that you put together.
Well it proves the utmost enthusiasm for these class defining and leading hot hatches that Renault Sport built and although the electric car era is bringing it to an end, they will always be loved for decades to come by enthusiasts and the next time you go to a cars and coffee in your Renault Sport cars you know they are respected and coveted by others so keep them looking good!

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone want to put a figure on the Clio Williams 001 Lhd that you mentioned was also in the collection

GPH

Reaction score
I'm still trying to find out what happened to that as it should have been returned to the Historic Collection in France. I have written to the Renault UK MD

Reaction score
I had forgotten all about this auction,just went on to CC to see the prices.

Sweet Jesus,that is some Trophy price!!

Whoever bought it really wanted it,best of luck to them and I hope they drive it and enjoy it.

Reaction score
The Megane Trophy-R seems like a bargain at £29,750 compared to the rest of the prices for the other hot Renaults.

Reaction score
Can you imagine the reactions and looks you would have gotten in 2005 when the Trophy launched that if you had said that one day it would be worth over £40k.

Crazy crazy times indeed.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to find out what happened to that as it should have been returned to the Historic Collection in France. I have written to the Renault UK MD

Nice to hear some new information on how RUK came to own Clio Williams 0001. I remember 'that' letter being discussed on the forums back in the day by the author.
I can only imagine what the Williams would sell for should it come up for sale. I always joked with Jeremy that I wanted first refusal on it.

Such a shame to see the heritage fleet being split. Apparently the dealer who bought them all is in financial trouble.

Reaction score
Wow.. shocked to say the least. What a fantastic result..

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Still takes two people to bid though Claude in an auction - unless the under bidder also own a 100 million plus collection.

On the plus side it may get used like it should and not just parked away

Can you imagine having a toss up in the morning - taking the 250 GTO out or Trophy 001 - decisions decisions

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Oh nice - at least they won’t cost that much - however they also own 3 McLaren F1’s - 3 Buggatti’s and a stunning collection of the best classic Ferrari’s which I for one wouldn’t want to buy rear tyres for.