Remote Central Locking Range

Reaction score
I have 2 keys for my T and both of them work to remote central lock the car but the range its absoultely terrible, probably about 2 or 3 metres tops. So I thought its probably the batteries being low, so I change both batteries in both keys and it made no difference at all :shock:

Is this a common thing on RenaultSports or I do I have some other problem thats causing this?

Cheers,

A

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah the range is pretty rubbish, its to avoid the rather embarrassing and slightly confusing spectacle of owners locking and unlocking other peoples cars at Trophy meets.

Reaction score
^ Cue he has changed the batteries but normally it is down to that if the range is short.

Mine is pretty good to be fair i would say around at least 10-15 metres!

You could always stick the fob on your head like on top gear as it seems to work longer that way. Dont ask as i have no idea :lol:

Reaction score
Mine works at around 10metres some times then maybe 5metres other times! Not something I'm that bothered by but I did change the battery on my old 106 gti's keys and that made absolutely no difference. Probably just wear or something :(