Reaction score
Anybody know if you can get hold of the leather which is on the Trophy Recaro's?

I've got a couple of scuffs on one of the drivers seat bolsters and want it repairing - been down to the trimmers today and the leather they have is a very good match but its not perfect :(

I really dont want to do it unless the match is 100%

Reaction score
Contact Capital Seating :wink:

Would be my first port of call mate.

Good luck

Reaction score
You might find that leather of any kind won't match. :cry:

Someone mentioned recently that the 'leather' isn't leather at all. :shock:

Reaction score
:shock: Shocking! Especially when they're what - £600 each?

The stuff that the trimmers had was very close, just the grain in the leather was slightly different :cry:

Reaction score
Sorry to say - its definitely not leather, Recaro themselves advertise the seat as 'Recaro Sport Trendline - Black Vinyl with Black Dinamica'.

Fake leather & fake suede i'm afraid :cry:

On the plus side no animals were harmed in the making of our seats: the alcantaras are free to roam the african plains in their hunting packs for another day ;)

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Sorry to say - its definitely not leather, Recaro themselves advertise the seat as 'Recaro Sport Trendline - Black Vinyl with Black Dinamica'.

Fake leather & fake suede i'm afraid :cry:

On the plus side no animals were harmed in the making of our seats: the alcantaras are free to roam the african plains in their hunting packs for another day ;)

(swear) Cheap skate b*stards!

They won't be roaming for long if my decat has any say in the matter! Bring on global warming :)

Reaction score
contact recaro they will put you onto there trimmers . Did have there number but cant find it .or if you have a robert sayle department store they sell .

Reaction score
Had a reply from Capital Seating - the "leather" on the Trendlines is an immitation known as 'Ambla Leather' - The cost is £65.62+vat and delivery. Minimum size you can order is 1 square metre. Hope people can use this for future reference if you need any repairs on the recaros.

Reaction score
Yeah it probably would but you can tell the difference between the two materials when theyre together, so both seats would need fully re-trimming

I want them to be as they were intended

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, I just think its daft that you can get the real stuff cheaper.

Reaction score
I know what your saying - there doesnt seem to be any logic to it but I do want to keep my seats how they are meant to be :cry:

Reaction score
Buying a trophy

easy,this is my first post so has nothing to do with recaros, i just dnt no where to post it.i'm looking to buy a trophy in the next month or so. and was wondering if anyone on the forum is selling or planning to sell there trophy.if so please let me no. :D

Reaction score
Re: Buying a trophy

Rudi said:
easy,this is my first post so has nothing to do with recaros, i just dnt no where to post it.i'm looking to buy a trophy in the next month or so. and was wondering if anyone on the forum is selling or planning to sell there trophy.if so please let me no. :D

you have a PM

Reaction score
Re: Buying a trophy

Rudi said:

Hi Rudi and welcome! You should post a wanted advert in the for sale section of the forum, also have a look around there too as there are a couple of cars for sale at the moment - including Gareth's very nice example.