problem with damper pin removal

Reaction score
Noticed the other day the passenger side front damper has already been 'unpinned' however went to look at the driver side damper and noticed it hadn't been done. This is beacause the pin is directly in-line with the grubscrew making the grubscrew inaccessable!! How are you meant to get the pin out when its been situated blocking the grubscrew?? Seems a bit pointless only having one adjustable front damper..

Anyone got any ideas?? any help would be appreciated cheers.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd leave it alone until you need to get them refurbished then give the issue over to bg motorsport

Reaction score
yeh, i fink thats what il do, car has done 47k miles so mite get them done some time soon hopefully they'l be able 2 sort it.

Reaction score
Sound like one side may be a newer damper than the other, why would one be pinned and not the other??
If thats the case then i would referb ASAP so both are performing the same, :? :) .

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would have just thought that the pervious owner went to unpin them but only did the one as the other one is inaccessable...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The pins were clearly installed by muppets as they seem to be all over the place. But yes forget doing it yourself you would need to take the strut off and do lots of drilling into the adjuster and then still have to give it to BG as they will not just supply them, I asked.