Reaction score
Hello all,

Can anyone bestow some knowledge with regards to swapping phase 2 front end for phase 1?

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled1-2.jpg

I personally love the phase1 and cannot believe renault thought it could be improved.

But for every phase1 in decent condition there are about 5 phase 2s so im in the market for a phase 2 with the intention of swapping the front bits for phase 1 bits

Is it simply a case of souricng phase 1 bonnet, panels, bumper and headlights and fitting them or would it involve welding / adjusting any hinges or fixings?

any feedback v.much appreciated

-Baz

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm not sure there are too many on here who will be able to help much with that. Have you tried cliosport.net?

Reaction score
well iv got a phase 2, and a while back, i had a bit of an accident, and ad to put a phase 1 bonnet on jus so i cud get home from the scrappy, an yes it fit, but needed a push, thats about all the help i cn give, im not sure on the frn bumpper, i thought it was a bit wider tha the phase 1?!?!
grant

Reaction score
Yeah all can be swapped over! No need for welding or replacing of any panels! They only thing you will find is bonnet adjusting is an absolute pigs ear to do trying to get the gaps all correct!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
power ranger said:
adjusting is an absolute pigs ear to do trying to get the gaps all correct!

Or you could not worry about it too much and it'll be your average renault :wink:

Reaction score
it will all fit! i have 2 phase 1 shells so if u need any bits i could probly help u out

Reaction score
if i might point out something without causing a rant, your images there are of one clio thats a phase 1 and the other is a phase 3, so im a little confused :?