Orbisoud Exhaust

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think you could easily get £1k for it from the right person. I wouldn't bother trying to advertise it on any of the FB groups, they absolutely batter anyone who asks for more than £10 for something.

When I got my Williams wheels from a seller, I got a load of abusive messages just because I offered £200 more than anyone else and said I would drive to Wales to come and collect them now.

Facebook really bothers me, especially some of those owners groups.

Reaction score
I think you could easily get £1k for it from the right person. I wouldn't bother trying to advertise it on any of the FB groups, they absolutely batter anyone who asks for more than £10 for something.

When I got my Williams wheels from a seller, I got a load of abusive messages just because I offered £200 more than anyone else and said I would drive to Wales to come and collect them now.

Facebook really bothers me, especially some of those owners groups.

We’ll see. Ideally if I could find one, I would like the one with the Cup Racer rear box, it has straight cut outlets rather than the large polished inwardly rolled items. I’ll see how I get on with this and go from there. Maybe if I can swap to the race one for little/no extra outlay that would be nice.
Either way I’ve done my best to procure/save a very rare piece so there will be an appreciative Clio owner somewhere who gets to enjoy it. ?

Agree 1000% on the Facebook groups, clio groups in general really. Everyone wants gold for brass money. They’ll tell you that you can buy a whole 182 for the cost of an Orbisoud, and they would be right.
It wouldn’t be a Clio you or I would want to own though, it would be a knackered sh-tbox.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
We’ll see. Ideally if I could find one, I would like the one with the Cup Racer rear box, it has straight cut outlets rather than the large polished inwardly rolled items. I’ll see how I get on with this and go from there. Maybe if I can swap to the race one for little/no extra outlay that would be nice.
Either way I’ve done my best to procure/save a very rare piece so there will be an appreciative Clio owner somewhere who gets to enjoy it. ?

Agree 1000% on the Facebook groups, clio groups in general really. Everyone wants gold for brass money. They’ll tell you that you can buy a whole 182 for the cost of an Orbisoud, and they would be right.
It wouldn’t be a Clio you or I would want to own though, it would be a knackered sh-tbox.

Cor, yeah, finding a cup racer box will be difficult. I wonder if they would make one up for you??

I really detest those FB groups, but sometimes they are good for knowledge and problem solving but I have never asked a question on there. Exactly that!! Everyone wants everything dirt cheap, god help anyone who posts a Trophy for sale, everyone says they'd love one but then say you can buy 4 for the same price.

Sadly its the same with some of the R5 groups on there too. Recently a guy sold his car and then posted a load of original Renault items for top money and he got abused and slated over and over again. He posted an original top hose for sale which was still in its Renault packaging for £750 and wow, I was reading it speechless! But then an hour later it had sold, so who was laughing then!?

If people want OEM and have the money then what's the problem!? Perhaps its jealously from those who cant afford to buy a £750 top hose of a £1k exhaust!

We are all meant to be enthusiasts! Whilst we are all different, we all have one thing in common, and that is a love for little french hot hatches!

Reaction score
Sounds and looks great! How does it stack up to the BTM? Noise, fitment etc?

Sound I think is slightly better on the Orb, It’s got a deeper more angry tone. It’s certainly gotten better over the last few days driving.
Having said that, the Orb is a silenced decat and my BTM is a cat back.
You can feel the cars lost a little bit of torque around the 3k rpm area but the motor certainly feels less restricted and revs much more freely. This is most noticeable when bliping for heel/toe. Dispite the slight torque loss, the way the car drives decatted is far more to my liking.

Fitment is very good, infact it’s one of my favourite things about it, it fits the bumper outlets perfectly. Doesn’t knock or touch anywhere underneath and I like the fact it bolts directly to the boot floor and does away with the OEM triangle mounts.
It does however only have 2 mounts at the rear and this allows a little more movement than I’d like. For this reason it does touch the bumper cutouts under load. I know this because now the exhaust has a layer of dirt on it, I can see clean witness marks around the outlets.

Build quality is reasonable but far from anything spectacular. I’d say my BTM is built every bit aswell as the Orbisoud, In some areas the BTM is better.
Frankly my Simpsons system on my Impreza makes the Orbisoud look like a lump of French pig iron. It’s far from the off the peg Milteks, Scorpions etc, but also far from a proper motorsport exhaust. I think anyone that does cartwheels about an Orbisound’s quality has never seen a proper exhaust.

I’m also not a fan of the inwardly rolled outlets or the slightly pointed down angle they have. I’d much prefer a straight cut pipe like that of the cup racers. I’d also like to try it with a sports cat and delete the centre silencer.

Not sure if I can bring myself to cut up an Orbisoud to have other tips fitted, probably cheaper to sell it and buy a different system.

Overall I like it for the most part and if you like the asthetics of them, i don’t think you’d be disappointed buying one. It certainly sounds nice.

Ive also found Orbisouds customer service and response to be absolutely appalling.
This alone makes me not want to own one as they’re not cheap. To buy one at £850/£900 it’s strong money, but £1300 quid though, not a chance.

I may still sell it, so if anyones genuinely interested I could move it on to chase something even better, all be it at greater cost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not into forum chat so unsure of the etiquette... Interested to hear if the Orb exhaust is/will be available