Orbisoud Exhaust

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, pretty unreliable without vernier calliper but by my best reckoning it was just over 60mm and bang on 2.5 inch.

Reaction score
Yep, pretty unreliable without vernier calliper but by my best reckoning it was just over 60mm and bang on 2.5 inch.

2.5" is 63mm so sounds as near as dammit. We shall see, but thanks for looking for me.

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know what size the v band clamp is at the back or even better a part number for it?
I need to source one. I'll go direct but firstly they charge an arm and a leg for anything (the 2 rear mounts are £250 and they're crappy mild steel with BMW X5 rubbers). Secondly, they don't speak English and a PITA to contact.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
(the 2 rear mounts are £250 and they're crappy mild steel with BMW X5 rubbers).

Are they really that much? I had thought about replacing mine as I’m currently refurbing them and they are so pitted they resemble Swiss cheese.
Not sure about the clamp but if you find a replacement I would be interested to know.

Reaction score
Well 250 Euros for the pair of crap rear mild steel plates.
I might get some laser cut in stainless, we'll see. As long as they hold the exhaust up and are pretty enough, they will do.
The clamp i will find, but i'll have to do that once i see the system, would have been nice to get a part number from it though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The plates came up very clean after a bath of Deox and have sprayed with their Zinc, still pitted but I will get a decent enough finish. Not sure there is anything on the clamp but I’ll be underneath again tomorrow no doubt, so I will have a look.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did get out briefly this morning before it started to rain and as expected nothing on the clamp and I’m not going to even bother throwing out some guesstimate measurements as they will almost certainly be useless to you. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely no problem at all. Appreciate you even looking for me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Absolutely no problem at all. Appreciate you even looking for me. Thanks.
Please keep me in the loop as regards replacement, mine is not going to fall to bits but some bits bolt, nut have gone to rust.

Reaction score
Well the Orbisoud has landed.
First impressions are a bit "meh" i have to say. Its reasonably nice but the construction is far from the best I've seen, id say my BTM is probably 90% of the Orb quality, and im certainly not sure what all the hype is about at the moment.
My Simpson Race Exhaust on my Impreza was a different league of quality compared to this.

It currently has a welded decat, which i may cut off and slip joint it to my OEM cat. I'll clean it up and get it fitted and see how we go. I just hope it sounds as good as people say.
The mounts certainly need some love. lol.
7267378C-830B-467B-B4D8-9185A6159E00.jpeg2BC9C2F1-14F7-4110-86D8-0FD1DA6FE08C.jpeg7435F1EF-5F0B-446E-ACAD-E9C24C0EF425.jpeg274CF03D-175B-4B35-A8F3-FEDFF03C9418.jpeg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes the mounts are a similar state to mine. The version above looks to be a modified "quiet" version with the extra middle box.P1000038.JPG

Reaction score
I believe this was a silenced decat version. The mounts ive already stripped and will restore with some media blast, zinc, then top coat.
I believe ive found a V-band clamp for it too but need to ensure this fits correctly first.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Balls. I didn't realise you could still get them! I thought they were so long gone for the Trophy that I didn't even bother looking! Literally had a full Milltek system installed yesterday! ?

Reaction score
Balls. I didn't realise you could still get them! I thought they were so long gone for the Trophy that I didn't even bother looking! Literally had a full Milltek system installed yesterday! ?

Don't worry, if i fit mine and decide i like my BTM more then i'll be flogging this one.
Either way its getting polished up with a full overhaul of clamps and brackets.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't worry, if i fit mine and decide i like my BTM more then i'll be flogging this one.
Either way its getting polished up with a full overhaul of clamps and brackets.

Cant stop thinking about it now! Im so annoyed that I didn't bother to check to see if they were still available!!

Is it wrong of me to hope that you don't like it so that I can buy it Frayz??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hopefully you’ll love this as much as I love mine but even if you don’t it’s good to know that you will get more for it than you paid.

Reaction score
Hopefully you’ll love this as much as I love mine but even if you don’t it’s good to know that you will get more for it than you paid.
Depends what someone is willing to pay.
I owes me £750 without the 8 hour round trip collecting it and all the time out in so far lol.
As they don’t come up that regularly, it’s hard to know what someone’s willing to spend on one.