Reaction score
Picked a 2nd hand cup racer cage today, and seeing as though the original paint job was pretty poor, in fact really poor [-X i've dropped it off at the shot blasters to be stripped and then sprayed in grey primer.

There was no point having it sprayed a colour as the rest of the interior needs doing.

The cage is a bolt in style (surprised :eek: ) as i would have thought they'd be welded in at the factory, but due to the nature of the cage i should be able to weld it in anyway.

It's for a left hooker (as all cup cars of that age are) so the X side brace is on the passenger side, i'll see what it's like when it's fitted but if i decide it needs a X brace on the drivers side rather than the diaganol then i'll get that sorted too.

Looking forward too taking it off the road/track later in the year and get too grips with a full resto/rebuild, if there's one thing i can't stand, it's rusty parts, and every picture i've seen of the front hubs they're all rusty even on the newer cars. So it's looking ever more likely that i'll be stripping the entire car to pieces and cleaning, painting and refitting every part.
I want the paint job too look good so i think the best way acheive this will be too send the shell off bare and then the other parts separately (doors, bumpers, skirts etc)

Chris

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nickboazracing said:
For the money this will cost would you not be better just to buy an ex race clio?

Think it's a bit late now :?

A guy up the road has just bought an 09 cupra, white with black wheels. Looks very good.

Reaction score
Not sure if you mentioned this in the previous thread or not but is this being used just for trackdays or racing?

Reaction score
A cup car was a possibility when i bought this, but in the end i decided to buy a road legal car, it comes in handy for testing and saves trailering the car everywhere for simple stuff geom set up etc.

At the minute Matt it's just trackdays, but next year i'm thinking about either the Performance chip saloon car championship or sprinting and hill climbing. It all depends on how i get on with the car this year and if i can dedicate enough time too race next year.

Chris