Reaction score
Just had a look at a Trophy for sale at the Arnold Clarke Ford main dealer on Scotswood Rd - Newcastle Upon Tyne.
its up for £7500 with 40k on the clock - Reg SM55 FUV - aparently came from a scottish dealer
Described as "mint" by the clueless salesman when i went in... however it was'nt.

Badly ( repainted? ) bonnet, starting to bubble up in the bottom corner next to the drivers headlight.
Scratched down to the black plastic in 3 places on the back bumper, with a couple more heavy scuffs on the back corner.
Rear 1/4 panel trim behind passenger reat was'nt fitted properly, leaving a 1" from outside you could look in and see behind the panel through the window.
Drivers seat had had the Trophy "plaque" removed (badly marking the subframe)
Carpets were filthy.
Dampers were blown and needed a re-furb big time.
Various other marks and scuffs across the car.

i couldnt help but think the seats wern't from that car, they were pretty clean but the carpets and the rest of the interiour was pretty dirty... maybe thats why the plaque on the drivers seat had been removed ? :?:

I asked the salesman about the dampers - didnt really know what i was talking about, he then walked off and never returned.
IMO the car was well over-priced for a car in that condition, and quite a few £ to spend on it straight away.

Reaction score
This car has come up in topic somewhere else on here recently too, apparentely the salesman couldn't find the production number, the missing plaque would explain why!

Reaction score
It was moono16v who started that thread about its reg plate. Son of solo have you warned him about this trophy? It did sound dodgy from what moono16v was saying. This doesn't give the "dealers" any good press does it! lol You guys are wright about staying away from them. It must be true that the only decent dealers are the specalists like all vechicles.