Reaction score
Hi all

I'm thinking about getting the Mintex pads that BB have on offer (M1155).

Do you think I could just change my pads or would I have to change my discs at the same time?

My initial idea is to get braided lines, upgraded fluid and the pads while leaving the stock discs (now with circa 10k miles on them).

Cheers for any feedback...

O.

Reaction score
I've put new pads on old discs before and have had no problems, however I have never gone for a pad as 'hardcore' as the Mintex that BB currently have on offer. Are these pads they are selling really suitable for road use? I thought from the e-mail they sent me that these were track focused pads...

Reaction score
Oli - I think they are track focussed... but looking at the charts that Mintex provides - they still give good grip at low temperatures so I think they could be OK for road use?

O.

Reaction score
Hmmm just spoke to BB Tuning and they don't recommend using the pad for day to day driving. :(

O.

Reaction score
don't be soft ;)

a good alternative, and the most popular we sell is the Ferodo DS2500 (£85)

Reaction score
Nik said:
PF '97s all the way!!!! :lol:

Nik,

this is a cue for those individuals to fire up their Polishers and start harping on about paintwork... and micron-meters.

Before they do that - I would just like to say: I have run them for 3 years and have never seen any paint damage on the arch / door. Nik, you must have now run them for a similar period, with no problems as far as I am aware. We YozzaSport have sold over 30 sets of these pads, and had no problems from anyone apart from; the one person who has faded these brakes and it is the same person works with someone who complains about the dust "ruining two sets of wheels" and the paint damage "that he had to get professionally restored" - Go Figure...

I think that these people who are complaining have taken their cars on track and are not realising something - that the black lumps that stick to your arches and door are the tiny bits of melted rubber that is called pick-up. and yes, it is soft when it goes on, but sets like concrete... but of course when someone tells you it is the brakes - everyone is an expert...

the people who have brought performance friction '97 pads from us keep coming back, as they try something else and then revert back to the PF. Yes, they squeal, yes they produce dust, but I would not be without them if i wanted to be stopping in a hurry...

BBPT will sell the Mintex as a track pad, but I know 3 people who run them day to day and they were quite happy with them - speak to telford_mike - he was one of them - he might give you a better insight into how they will work on a day to day basis.

If you aren't doing trackwork then the green stuff is a good option to replace the standard pads.

another interesting thing BTW is that most pad manufacturers do not recommend changing the pad type 1/2 way through the disc. IE - if you were using OEM then went to Pagid say, they would recommend that you change both disc and pad at the same time. This is because the compound of the pad will have a chemical effect on the disc and with the different pads these compounds can react, changing the material in the pad.

/y0z

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I like to think i'm in a good position to judge them really. I do a fair few trackdays each year, so want the best performing brakes i can get (while still keeping the car useable on a day to day basis), but i'm also a part time cleaning geek, and like the car to look as good as possible (i own a PC Polisher).

Admittedly it takes some effort to keep the car looking good when it's being tracked, and sometimes i cant be bothered, but the fact remains I still end up buying the PF '97's because they are just so good. I'm sure there are other pads out there that are excellent too, but i'm reluctant to change when i'm very happy with what i've been using.

Dsc00424-800.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback (and deep insight!) guys...

Part of the reason that I am contemplating upgrading at this time (with no future track sessions currently planned) is because of the price BBP were offering on the pads: £69 for a front *and* rear set of M1155 pads... most comparable pads I have read about cost this much for just the front set.

I am really keen to get braided lines and fluid at the same time... then I have to find somewhere to get them all fitted for a reasonable price. Call me crazy, but I was thinking about letting Renault London West fit it all while I have my car service in the next thousand miles or so (convenience factor...).

Unless - Yozza - would you be able to fit? Perhaps I can buy the braided lines/fluid off you as a half way compromise for not buying the pads? *cue guilty look*

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Ollie,

I think that your should speak to a few people who use the mintex pads - maybe on cliosport or other forums. If they use them on the road with no problems, just use them... LOL if BB don't recommend them for the road, they don't recommend them. It may be; in the same way that we have to say that the Ferodo DS2500 are not road legal, the mintex MAY not be - (N.B.i don't know, we don't use nor stock mintex) - BB do, so listen to their advice, but you are still allowed to ignore them if you feel it if you would like to purchase the product LOL

Ollie, if you need lines / fluid, give us a shout, I am sure that we can sort you out if you need any extra stuff.

I would give them a whirl as the only comparative pad is the EBC Green Stuff at that price and Mike swore by them on his 172.

/y0z