New 6 gig iPod mini plus case for sale

Reaction score
I'm selling my 6 GB iPod, here's the story:

I foolishly let my iPod stay discharged for too long and I think it did it some harm. When I got back from hospital, I left it in an extremely unaccessible place and could only bend to reach it a week ago. I took it into the Apple store and asked them to have a look. It was still in warranty, so they just said: "Have a new one" and gave me a new replacement 6gig mini. Seems they're not allowed to sell minis or 4th gen anymore, but keep a stock in for warranty replacements. It's much easier for them to swap them than fill out the forms for a repair, so on a busy weekend, that's the preferred option!

I've bought a very cheap 5th gen pod for more space, as since my op' running is well down my list of priorities, the bigger size of the new pod is nothing to me. The one I'm selling is still in it's Apple seal, and comes with the still sealed headphones, ear foams and USB lead from my new pod, plus the original Apple belt clip for mini. The pod itself is a 2nd gen 6 gig Blue one, still with Apple seal, and the chap at the store says the new one is also warrantied. Box, instructions CD etc are obviously included.

I'm also including an iSkin mini case (highly recommended on ilounge/com) which is a white case which glows blue in the dark. Excellent at keeping your pod safe.

As a general pitch, the 2nd gen minis have the longest battery life of any pod:ilounge tested theirs to run over 26 hours continuously. They are also better resistant to scratches and damage than the nanos that replaced them and have 1 1/2 times as much space as the biggest nano: 1500 songs.

The minis are tiny, only weigh 3 and a half ounces and are generally better all round than the nanos in terms of looks, battery and damage resistance. I'm only upgrading because I got bored and ripped all my CDs onto the PC while I've been off work and my library won't fit on a 6 gig now.

Enough flannel. It's going for £125 plus post (prolly about a fiver, depending how you want it delivering) I'm going to eBay it if no-one wants it at this price, as second hand ones are fetching similar or more money, and the one I'm seling is Apple sealed:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9706332068&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

Please message me if you're interested. No offers thanks, I just want to avoid eBay and paypal fees, but can make more if I auction it.

Thanks for looking