Reaction score
For those of you that have tracked your trophy's what did you have to replace after the trackday. Obviously i'm thinking tyres, brake pads etc but did you actually have to replace them? or were they still ok?

Sam

Reaction score
Oil change after every track day!!! and a top up of the brake fluid, and depending on track and length of session i always replace the tyres if i'm going to be using the car on the road.

Sam

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I dont change oil after every track day but obviously you can never change it too much so good to do if you can. Certainly doing a mid service interval oil change or two would be advised at least.

I've done 4 track days, 2 evenings and some airfield sprints and a total of 10,500 miles in the Trophy and am only just replacing the front tyres so they aren't really a problem if you get the pressures right. Standard Renualt brake pads last fairly well but would probably need replacing after two or 3 days on them.

Reaction score
Nik, what tyre pressures have you ended up with - presumably you are still on the PE2? My track work will be sprints and hillclimbs, which last a maxium of 75 seconds, so do not have much time to get heat into the tyres.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I tend to run 34 front 32 rear which is usually what i run on the road.

On cold days on track i've put an extra PSI or two in them to protect the sidewalls a bit, but havent found they need much more in them to be honest.

Reaction score
Did not replace anything after my trackday at Bedford in Feb, brake pads and discs have plenty of life left in them, tyres suffered a bit more - especially the fronts - but they are still well above the legal limit.

Tyre pressure wise I ran 38 front 36 rear, and still ended up scrubbing the Michelin branding on the sidewall!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info
Good to hear about the life of the tyres and brakes :)

Be interested to know what pressures others run on trackdays!

If any of you are interested http://www.bookatrack.co.uk have a bedford trackday on april the 29th. I'll be there.

Reaction score
Sam said:
Oil change after every track day!!! and a top up of the brake fluid, and depending on track and length of session i always replace the tyres if i'm going to be using the car on the road.

Sam

That makes track days and expensive pass time! Do you have insurance on the track?

Lee

Reaction score
I just get my oil changed every 6k, and obviously check all other fluids myself. After Donington my tyres still look as good as new, it's such a nice surface and most the corners are fast and sweeping so tyre wear is minimal. Unlike Spa where I came back with no head on the Michelin man and the shoulders were screwed. http://www.rapidpants.com/images/galler ... ndex7.html

I've taken insurance out on some track days but not all of them, it depends how I'm feeling. lol.

I've used Competition Car Insurance a few times, they charge 1% the value of the car with a 10% value of the car XS.