Reaction score
I have e-mailed Henk about this.

I would imagine it just limits the rpm to 4300 when your stationary and as soon as you launch it reverts back to the original settings??
I stand to be corrected...

Reaction score
Yeh I guess it just limits the revs to prevent any wheel spin from standing, can't really see it having any benifits for road driving.

Reaction score
I have a launch control on my rally car. It limits the rev band to about 4000rpm until the switch is pressed to give the full 9000rpm.

'The throttle can be fully depressed without over-revving the engine.
The car is put into gear, the throttle floored, and then the clutch is engaged, whilst the launch control system controls the wheelspin and revs for the perfect start.'

These are pretty useful for protecting a cold engine - I think if I remember rightly my mates EK9 has something built into the ECU that does this, as his EK9 wouldn't rev past 4000ish rpm until it warmed up.

I think unless you're going to use this for something in particular it's pretty pointless.

Reaction score
If this is just an ECU change and all other parts are standard, wouldn't engaging the clutch whilst the flywheel is spinng at 4500rpm and the clutch plate at 0 wear the clutch down very quickly. I can get a perfect launch off the line by just bringing the clutch up to around bite, then throttle down and clutch up when want to go. This seems pointless to me.