Keeping plastic bits black and shiny?

Reaction score
What is the best product for keeping the black plastics (external) on the Trophy black!

I've been using Autoglym Bumper Care but it isnt lasting very long, though it is at the end of the bottle. any recommendations people.

Still loving the car!!

Reaction score
I used some Simoniz stuff at the weekend that has worked better than anything I have tried so far. Although it's only been a few days so no idea of longevity! Most of the other products I've used have done jack though, so it's a good start. I'll let you know how it looks in a week or so. Especially with the rubbish weather we're having it will be a good test.

Reaction score
I use turtle wax black something, the important bit is it's not a spray, it's in a bottle, so you can apply loads of it without getting any on glass/paintwork etc., you can even use it on the interior and it smells like bubble gum so gets my vote. Lasts a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on the weather (so that's 2 days at the moment then).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
I use turtle wax black something, the important bit is it's not a spray, it's in a bottle, so you can apply loads of it without getting any on glass/paintwork etc., you can even use it on the interior and it smells like bubble gum so gets my vote. Lasts a couple of weeks to a couple of months depending on the weather (so that's 2 days at the moment then).

same stuff I use - I assumed they'd melted down loads of liquorice!!!! It's like really black mayo, sort of oozes out of the bottle. good stuff but similar to tyre dressing stuff - only lasts a short period.

Reaction score
Mine's white Cue. I'l get the name of it when I get home. I wouldn't put the black stuff on the leather, it might dye it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
Mine's white Cue. I'l get the name of it when I get home. I wouldn't put the black stuff on the leather, it might dye it.

lol, i thought you was on about the plastic trim not the leather..... Leather I use Autoglym leather cleaner, doesn't get Gloss out but does buff the leather up nicely.

Reaction score
i use the autoglyme tyre dressing stuff....spray onto a cloth and wipe onto black bits (mirror surrounds,front grille,splitter,fog light surrounds & rear bumper insert)...lasts for weeks !!