Reaction score
Just putting this up for a mate.. if you are interested contact him direct through his site, or PM me and i'll pass on his details. A lot of work has been put into the car - as the text says it was rebuilt from a rolling shell. He's after £5500 - no offers.

IMG_4715.jpg

Hello.
I am selling my Rallye Golf - a truely lovely car, but time is here to move on.

I bought the car last summer, had it fully resprayed at lots of expense! The respray was carried out at GKS in Reading.
I had the front arches cut back, to avoid scrubbing, but left the shape of them intact, so they look standard. I had the rears cut back to the spot welds, and again, left the shape as normal. It's got a debadged front grille, but apart from that and the arches, the body is standard. Obviously, due to the respray, there is no rust on the car. All the panels are straight and true, and all the original panels were retained, making it an excellent original rallye, with proper panel gaps and no nasty surprises for future owners.

I imported it from Switzerland myself, and therefore am the first UK owner.

I bought the car as a non running rolling shell, so everything you see was done by me.

Rotrex Supercharger (currently putting out 1.6 bar - around 200bhp)
Solid front engine mount
KW coilovers (V1) brand new after respray from G-Werks.
Audi TT black leather front seats,
Mk2 golf leather rear seats (with headrests - quite rare)
standard rallye leather door cards
brand new discs + pads all round after the respray.
momo steering wheel
7.5&9 x 16" BBS RS wheels - I'm sure you know what these are worth alone! Tyres have done less than 1000 miles.

Rotrex chargers are the ultimate alternative to the VW Glader. They have a fairly high price, at around £2000 for the kit, but the charger does not need to be serviced every 30,000 miles like the g-lader, so reduces servicing costs. It also produces much more boost, creating more power. The charger is quiet, unlike the bahn-brenner chargers, so you wont wake your whole street when starting it up for work in the morning, but does let off a nice whoosh when lifting off the throttle, much like a turbocharger. For more information on Rotrex superchargers, please see http://www.rotrex.com or http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk who supplied and fitted the kit.

The car is currently reading at 260kms (160k miles) - which, for a well serviced VW, is not too bad. Still runs perfectly, no smoke, no funny noises.
The car passed its MOT about 3 weeks ago, and has 4 months tax.

The only downsides to the car are as follows:
The front splitter, which I scraped on a kerb about two weeks after the paint job. I've been quoted 'less than £100' to have it repaired.
one of the headlights has a crack. A new one from http://www.gpcvwaudi.co.uk is around £90.
and the door cards are a bit worn. I think some decent leather treatment might bring them back up to nice condition, but it was never a priority of mine.

None of these issues take anything away from what is otherwise an outstanding rallye. I had many comments about the car at the only show I took it to, GTI fesival.

If you've got any questions / offers, just let me know. I've put the deposit down on my new car, so this needs to go.

I can be available for viewings any evening, but unfortunatley not this weekend, and am happy to take an offer and cash outside of ebay, as the car is advertised elsewhere anyway.

A links to more pics:
http://www.dorkish.com/index.php?a=albu ... 0to%20sell
cheers,
Al.

Reaction score
I had never heard of a Golf Rallye. Cool. I love Superchargers, I spoke to a VW nut once who fitted a G60 charger to his Corrado VR6, it was all done properly and was dyno'd at 250bhp. Not bad in a car weighing 1200kg!

Reaction score
Yeah i've always liked the Rallyes, good looking cars - got to say i dont think the colour is doing that one justice though. Also like the Mark 2 Golf G60's - another rare car and LHD only.

Reaction score
Yep the Rallye was a motorsport homologation version of the Mk2 with 4wd, supercharger and wide arches. Not many were officially brought into the uk, so a lot have been brought in since. The colour is probably a bit brighter than current VW trends (steely greys, blacks etc) but it's still an absolute stunner.

:D

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Yeah i've always liked the Rallyes, good looking cars - got to say i dont think the colour is doing that one justice though. Also like the Mark 2 Golf G60's - another rare car and LHD only.

I had the 3rd edition one G60 imported into the uk, back in the mid 90's.

When the minters were about before all the nails arrived.

What a tool :twisted:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Cool Hand Luke said:

I had the 3rd edition one G60 imported into the uk, back in the mid 90's.

When the minters were about before all the nails arrived.

What a tool :twisted:

That must have been a good car to own Steve, especially in the mid 90's 8)

Reaction score
fazedesign said:
Car is now gone - an Elise arrives for my mate next friday! :D

Nice one! That was pretty quick - was it sold through advertising on here or somewhere else?

Which model Elise is he going for 111S? 111R? that'll be quite a different proopsition from the Rallye.

Reaction score
!)

Elsewhere, a friend bought it in the end i think - he'd already had the car up for sale on other sites and had one buyer drop out at the last minute, so I thought I'd put it on here to give him a hand!

It's an S1 he's gone for, but your right very different from the Rallye - he fancied a change from dubs (while I'm just getting into them! Couldn't afford his mind you!)