Reaction score
A very sad thing happened to me this evening.

I pulled into Shell to get some Optimax, picked up the nozzle out of its cradle and, as I moved it towards the filler cap, the rubber hose somehow pulled out the adjacent nozzle, which crashed down on to the side of my car. Owch.

It's made a very slight dent, which I guess I have pretty much no hope of getting out, and a small circular scratch where the impact was. The car's paintwork is otherwise practically pristine and although the mark is only small (and truth be told I have yet to see it in daylight), I feel like it's tarnished the whole car! I need to get it sorted.

I've had a quick read through some other very helpful threads and Scratch X seems to be strongly recommended - I was just wondering if anyone could suggest whether I go for that, or for some touch up paint (http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.php? ... ts_id=2839).

And do I have a hope in hell of sorting out the minor dent? It's such a shame as I've only had the car three weeks! Seriously unlucky. I left my details at the petrol station and have got the manager's name (the attendant was very helpful) but tbh it's not like the damage is serious enough to try to claim compensation, and I'm not really down with this whole litigation, everything-that-goes-wrong-can-be-blamed-on-someone-and-sued-for culture anyway.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Pics would be good. Unless the scratch/scuff has gone down to the undercoat its unlikely you will need touchup. Using a fingernail drag across the mark, does it catch or is it just rough? Also these dent guys can work miracles almost so don't be too gutted.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance Hoolio :) I'll have a better look in the morning and see if I can get a pic to post. I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's never nice when stuff like this happens.

Reaction score
A decent dent removal guy can use allsorts of fancy tools to get down and remove dings so don't worry but just might cost a few quid for the expertise.

Reaction score
I'm with stormduck on this, you'll probably end up spending more on products to try and remove it than it would cost a proffesional to do.

The basic rule is if you can feel any scratch etc.. with your finger nail then it needs painting.

To many people will have you believe they'll polish out but they won't.

Get yourself over onto detailing world and find someone near you with an A1 reputation and then happiness should be restored. LOL

Reaction score
Dents can be taken out and scratches sorted, don't worry.

I know a couple of good companies but they are portsmouth based. Reasonably priced too.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips, most appreciated :D

I spoke to the manager of the petrol station on the phone today and I'm going to go over there on Tuesday morning to go over the damage with him - apparently they've got procedures in place for when this kind of thing happens and, assuming they accept responsibility, will get the work done themselves. Which is nice. From talking to him on the phone it sounds like he reckons I've got a good chance of being able to get them to sort it out as well. Which is also nice.

Anyway, went for a late-night blat last night and I can confirm that a tiny dent doesn't make KW05 any less amazingly fun to drive! :lol: