Glass & Insurance

Reaction score
Guys,

does anyone know if you make a glass claim under your insurance if the policy cost will go up - I am fully comp with Green light and some little scrot has broken my back window - no other damage, but not sure whether to make a claim for it under the excess for £60 or to pay for it to get fixed without insurance - £175.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this - help appreciated.
Glen

Reaction score
Re: Please help urgent - Re Glass & Insurance

My little brother had two windows knocked out of his car a back one and side, both were replaced using the windscreen cover of his insurance and he only had to pay the one excess £40. And his NCD was unaffected

But you'd be best phoning your insurance.

Reaction score

+1
Contact your insurance company and ask...speculation by us lot on your policy won't be helpful... even though we are a helpful lot :)

Reaction score

Cheers guys, insurance says it won't effect my no claims, but thought they might do the old back dor "your premium has gone up... vandalism..." thing...

Bit of a problem though Highway insurance don't seem to operate on the weekend, so I can't actually speak to someone about my insurance until monday!! On the back of this I asked if I had had an accident and wasn't insured by them but asked to be recovered if they would do that and they said yes they would... they are unable o check the detail at th weekend so just recover whoever phones them up - if you are ever in troulbe give em a call they won't mind picking you up for free (NB they will probably charge after but a stupid methos in my opinion!)

Thanks again for the help though
Glen