Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a question on the whole suspension setup that I'm hoping that someone can help me with;
What parts are there that wear out?!
It is kind of hard to explain how my car does not feel as it once did, perhaps the best explanation is that i feel a little bit of a shudder through the steering when hitting a bump mid corner when doing a reasonable speed. I'm pretty sure it never used to do this! (and it isn't anything major that feels at all unsafe) It just somehow overall does not feel as fresh as it once did! (which is kind of to be expected I guess!, though i am keen to know what parts/what would need doing to freshen it up again.)
I have had the front dampers refurbished, so it shouldn't be that!
Anyone got any thoughts? I'm pretty sure it is the car that is not quite as it was, rather than my perception having changed!
Thanks.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Lower suspension arm/joint. Mine had that very same issue and it turned out to be that. A lot of T's have had them replaced now due to age. Mine also had a tapping/knocking noise when going slowly.

Not sure if this helps you to identify the cause.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Replaced my ball joints a short time ago and wish I would have replaced the whole arms. Still doesn't feel quite 'right' even after damper refurb!

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Sorry to repeat myself but after any front end work - geometry check ???

make sure you use a decent company not a chain who will get it "within tolerance". The difference is huge!