** Forum Improvements - Have your say! **

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all,

In the next few weeks I'm planning some fairly large updates to the forum.

While this is being done, i'd like to get your feedback on anything you'd like to see added or changed.

While I can't guarantee to everything suggested, i will do my best to look into any popular suggestions of ways to improve the site or new features.

So.... what would you like to see :?:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
my suggestions would relate to the garage section -

remove latest vehicle comments as it's useless
add most power related table.

make browsing of garages etc easier - currently they're in rank order (and some are duplicated) there's no way of editing this i don't think. Plus searches aren't easy.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've really not been able to think of much except as Cue, maybe the garage section.
Maybe make it alphabetical with a drop down box for ordering the list in a different way like the member list.

Reaction score
I think the garage layout could be better but would also like to see everyones Trophy number underneath their avatar.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Stevie said:
I think the garage layout could be better but would also like to see everyones Trophy number underneath their avatar.

What about former owners, can they have the number of the car that they used to own?

Good idea about the numbers!!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
One thing I have thought of that other may like is a 'View Unread' posts button that is always visible at the top of the page, currently you have to go back to the 'Board Index' and then click the view new posts button...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I like the new look site - good job! Easier on the eye, easier to use (IMHO) and generally more 'modern'.
Well done 8)

Reaction score
Im afraid im not sold completely on it yet.............from an initial glance just a few key suggestions which i think should be bought in from the old format:

- the table at the bottom of the site showing most recent active topics of discussion. This was brilliant as you didn't have to trawl through all the sub headings

- disussion topics under the relevant sub headings are not in date order this is pretty frustrating

Reaction score
- disussion topics under the relevant sub headings are not in date order this is pretty frustrating
just like to retract the above statement as it looks like the issue has been resolved! #-o

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jimboss said:
- the table at the bottom of the site showing most recent active topics of discussion. This was brilliant as you didn't have to trawl through all the sub headings

Yeah i quite liked that little box as well but if you just click on "view active topics" you get pretty much the same.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems like there there is a time limit on the "edit" function now :(

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok, i've relaxed the edit post restriction, you now have a whole week before you can no longer edit :D

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
And the Active Topics box will be returning soon :wink:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Just another small idea. When clicking a link can you make it so the link opens in a new window? The amount of times i've clicked on a link, looked at the page and then closed the window instead of pressing the browsers back button.

I seem to recall the old CT forum opened a new window.

Cheers,