Focus RS500

Reaction score
A limited run of 500 models will be produced to celebrate the end of Focus RS production.
101 will be coming to the UK
345bhp, 339lb ft torque, matt black paint.
Im very interested in this car, but could it be a worthy replacment for the trophy?
What do we think?
ed

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im very interested in this car, but could it be a worthy replacment for the trophy?
What do we think?

Its £34K man ! I should hope it thrashes the Trophy at that price.

Reaction score
I had a matt gunmetal bike a couple of years ago and although the finish is more resilient than I first thought it would be, there comes a stage where it begins to polish up, making it all look a bit tatty. What will a matt black car look like in 5 years I wonder?

Reaction score
Can't understand why Ford are stopping production, it's only been out a year or so...?

Reaction score
They've ended up making 11,000. Don't forget the Mk2 Focus is about to go out of production which forces their hand.

RS500: basically it's a black RS with a matt 3M body wrap on, and the just-announced Mountune 350 upgrade, plus some cosmetics inside (bright red seats FFS).

I'm personally very doubtful that the wrap is a good idea, but most of these will go into storage or be very lightly used. Don't forget that's 500 in total, I think only 100 ish for the UK and they are massively oversubscribed.

I will be getting the Mountune pack for my RS in due course (gonna try and wait until November), so I'll have the same performance, and will report back on it.