Reaction score
The Megane R26r is going to be on Fifth gear tonight (channel 5 at 8pm)

Definitely worth watching as i'm sure some of us trophy owners may well move onto a R26r, well thats what i see myself owning next at the moment!!

Gman

Reaction score
That was the shittest review of a car I've ever seen! It's only Tiff and Vicky that have any interest in cars out of all those clowns.

Why isn't there a decent car program that actually focus' on the car people want to know about. If only the presenters of top gear didn't love the sound of their own voices so much!

Rant over :x

Ajr

Reaction score
5th gear isn't really very good, wasn't really a review!

I am getting an R26 next, had plenty of stripped caged cars now and the R26R doesn't appeal to me any more, especially when i have dedicated track cars anyway lol

Reaction score
Well that was a bit of a disappointment wasn't it!!

Hopefully Top Gear will do something a little more interesting on the megane in the new series.

The caterham looked a bit of a hand full i know that much!!

Reaction score
I'm interested in the R26.R but the 5th gear roadtest was a complete joke. I've seen better reviews on youtube which have gotten me more excited about the car. Other than Pulling Power most of the other car shows are too focused on entertainment (hooking engines upto blenders etc) rather than doing good ole car tests.

graham said:
That was the shittest review of a car I've ever seen! It's only Tiff and Vicky that have any interest in cars out of all those clowns.

Why isn't there a decent car program that actually focus' on the car people want to know about. If only the presenters of top gear didn't love the sound of their own voices so much!

Rant over :x

Reaction score
sagman said:
I'm interested in the R26.R but the 5th gear roadtest was a complete joke. I've seen better reviews on youtube which have gotten me more excited about the car. Other than Pulling Power most of the other car shows are too focused on entertainment (hooking engines upto blenders etc) rather than doing good ole car tests.

I completely agree but i do understand why Top Gear has had to go the way it has. It's simply better TV for sunday night viewing, if it was all cars cars cars and reviewing decent stuff (what we want to see more of) they'd probably lose 50% of viewers which obviously is bad for the BBC so they have had to go down the entertainment route, shame though.

Reaction score
Gman said:
sagman said:

I completely agree but i do understand why Top Gear has had to go the way it has. It's simply better TV for sunday night viewing, if it was all cars cars cars and reviewing decent stuff (what we want to see more of) they'd probably lose 50% of viewers which obviously is bad for the BBC so they have had to go down the entertainment route, shame though.

They should do a spin off for all the anoraks that want to hear about power and torque curves and steering geometry etc. I bet it would still get more viewers that fifth gear :p