Emissions light (sorry, i promise its not a de-cat Q. )

Reaction score
i have done a search !! i promise but i cant find what im after so please bear with me.

right my emissions light flashes on and off intermittently. not though any particular rev range or speed. i noticed aa have others of you, that this happens in winter first thing in the morning. however now its doing it randomly during normal driving.

ive running some Red X though it as we speak and shes run on 98Ron so i dont think its due to anything like that. just to point out i Dont have a De-cat so thats not it.

what could it be? at a guess a faulty lambia sensor no :?: ?
cant see that my cats not working anymore :) .

thanks for any help
Ross

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The only way to tell if/what the problem is is to get it plugged into A code reader but If it's just intermittant and not affecting the way the engine performs maybe just keep an eye on it.

Reaction score
Mine did this for a bit when the original exhaust system went ( rear boxes rusty) changed the system (cat back) and it's never done it again.

Reaction score
interesting. perhaps theres a leak in where the cat meets the exhaust and causing oxygen to leak in???

Reaction score
Maybe - I put a new coupling on when I changed my system, also - due to ingress of water in the rear boxes - I used to get a huge cloud of vapour when I booted it; scary at the time, thought it was oil at first. Now; no light and a great sound! :)

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Mine does it from time to time, normally when sat in stop start traffic after a run. I connect mine into a ODB reader I have from time to time and nothing really shows. Car runs fine so I've not really worried about it.

I have connected my ODB in the past when I had my Janspeed cat back and it said there was a misfire error code, I erased it to see if it returned at it didn't.

It's random when it appears, but as said I'm not too worried about it as she still runs fine.