Reaction score
Hi,

I have done a big error, putting out the not original autoradio, I have forgot the contact also the radio was alimented, the red cable has touched the iron structure..
changed the autoradio and refitted the original one, changed the 15A fuse near the door, the original autoradio and the extern display on the top (with hour, cd/radio info) are off.

any alert light.
what can I do?
there is maybe others fuse to check and change? Maybe the autoradio is not correctly connected? maybe the extern display is broken and if is broken the radio didn't turn on?

I wait some help
sorry for my bad English
bye
luca

Reaction score
Hi oxygen,

If its only the dash top display which is off then you have probably left it disconnected as from what i can remember there is 3 connectors on the rear of the radio one for power, one for the speakers and a third for the dash top display and steering wheel controls.

However if the radio isn't working at all then it's definately a power problem check the fuses in the fuse box, and remove the radio and check all the connectors are securely pressed in.

As for any warning lights being displayed when the radio goes off I'm afraid not.

Also the dash top display doesn't have any effect on the radio as a lot of people run aftermarket radio's with the display disconnected.

Hope this makes sense and helps
Steve

Reaction score
Hi steve
many thanks for your infomration.

also, with the not original radio, the dash display was already disconnected, but the display showed the HH:mm information.

now, it is turned off, any information displayed.
the 15A fuse was broken and I have changed it.

the 3 connectros behind the original radio are correctly inserted. I will remove the radio and check another time the 3 connectors.
My question is if there is anoter fuse for the display, or a fuse in the engine compart that protect electric think at the interior.

bye and thx a lot
Luca

Reaction score
Normally it's one fuse which may feed a couple of circuits,

check to make sure all other electrical items are working correctly ie mirrors , windows, interior lights

If that fails check to see if the radio has it's own fuse inserted in it's rear as this is common on aftermarket stereos but I cant remember if the original does

Have just checked the hand book for the radio and it states

Problem- Nothing is working and display is unlit

Solution- Switch radio on/ or fuse blown.

Just out of curiosity did you cut the wires when you fitted your after market stereo?

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for your indications..I will chech the electric items if all is good or not and check on the maintenance book of the radio.
I don't understand "did you cut the wires", you are asking if I have cut the cables that connect the radio? no, I have bought an ISO adapter that I have connected to de radio. The after market stereo has worked good.

bye and thanks a lot
luca

Reaction score
The reason I asked was because you short cicuited the red power supply to earth.

The fact that you have lost the time from dash display certainly sounds as though there is an electrical supply problem somewhere but I'm struggling to find a wiring diagram for a 2005 clio.

If anyone has got a diagram in e format could they post it up or even a link to it

Cheers
Steve

Reaction score
hi Steve

I have found and fixed the problem \:D/
the "open doors" light didn't work, I have found the open doors light 20A fuse broken, changed, light shine, dash display turned on with Hours and asking the radio secure code, also all work now.

many thanks
also the problem was another fuse broken :)

bye bye
thx steve =D>

Luca

Reaction score
No problems mate glad your all sorted! (tupw)

Take it easy
Steve