Elec. socket in boot - ignorant newbie question

Reaction score
The rectangular electrical plug dangling in the top left of my boot: is that for fitting (optional) rear speakers to, or does it have some sinister purpose I haven't yet detected?

Reaction score
Not too sure what this is unless you are referring to the hook to keep up the parcel shelf to the boot door... do you have pics?

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
It might be for the boot light. Apparently dealers unplug the light so they can leave the boot open on the forecourt. Yours may have forgotten to plug it in again?

Reaction score
I've just had a good look around my boot and there isn't any electrical plug dangling anywhere.

It seems to me that it must be the feed to your boot light as chiefsilverback suggests, especially as you say it's on the left hand side and the boot light is on that side as well.

Reaction score
Obviously I COULD go out to the garage and check, but it's raining for heaven's sake, so here's a photo I took yesterday with my work digital camera, downloaded on to my work PC, emailed home, then uploaded to Imageshack :roll:

smysteryplugwince8wr.jpg

Would that be the boot light then?

amm

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
Obviously I COULD go out to the garage and check, but it's raining for heaven's sake, so here's a photo I took yesterday with my work digital camera, downloaded on to my work PC, emailed home, then uploaded to Imageshack :roll:

smysteryplugwince8wr.jpg

Would that be the boot light then?

yes it would