Reaction score
Guys - I am thinking to spend the Easter holiday long weekend in Germany (and possibly squeeze in a lap at the Nurburgring!).

Does anyone have experience driving there? How long and how much (petrol etc.) do you roughly estimate the trip to be?

Cheers for any advice...

O.

Edit: yikes... the train Euro Tunnel prices are already at £150+ return...

Reaction score
If you are looking for a cheaper channel crossing, Speedferries only charge £70, from Dover to Boulogne and back.

I've only ever driven to Germany for the Nurburgring, so your route may be different for Frankfurt, but an easy route to the Nurburgring is to take E40 up the north coast of France into Belgium, all the way down through Brussels and onto Liege, and then take the E42 south past Spa and towards Prum, and then take the E29 north before heading into the Eifel mountains and the Nurburgring.

We got stuck in rush hour traffic around Brussels on our way out there so it took us a full seven hours, but a clear drive on the way back took four and a half hours, using up a tank and a half of petrol iirc.

Hope this helps! :)

Sam

Reaction score
Oliie,

We'll be out at the ring from the 14th - 17th..

Feel free to give me a bell once you get out there as you'll be the four Trophy in our group!!

That goes for anyone else of course!!! :D :D :D

Sam

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice guys.

The viamitchelin site is fantastic... wow. Now I want to drive all through Europe!

It seems everyone is drivign to Europe over Easter so all of the 'crossings' are either full or expensive.

Hmm... will have to weigh this one carefully.. ut still very very tempting...

Sam - when are you heading out? I think I may be doing a night drive (as I will be driving there directly after leaving work... nightmare!!!). We should definately meet at the 'ring however.

Cheers
O.

Sam

Reaction score
Oliie,

Were leaving Birmingham @ 7 staying in a B&B thursday night in Dover.. Ferry 9:30 Friday morning. Once in europe straight to hotel drop off kit and then a quick lap at the ring friday evening.. Sat morning BMW F1 factory.. Sat afternoon ring + local sprint event depending on how busy everywhere is (maybe a few passengers rides in some supercars!!)Sat night DRINK DRINK DRINK Sun.. ring ring ring.. Monday Tobacco st bit of shopping Monday afternoon SUPRISE for stag (cant say, cus i know he reads on here, but ill PM) Monday 16:00 Ferry back to UK !!!

There's a rough guide..

>>> There's one available car space on our trip, due to an ST not being delivered in time<<

Anyone on here welcome, of course. PM me for prices etc.. :D :D :D