BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I noticed my exhaust was blowing so went under the car to check it out and felt alot of air blowing from where the mid section of the exhaust joins the Cat, I thought it was blowing from the clamp at first and after renewing it and fitting it several times I eventually found out it wasn't the join but in actual fact a defect on one of the welds...

P1020135.jpg

P1020134.jpg

I contacted the company earlier so hopefull I will hear back from them soon, It has a lifetime guarantee so im relying on good customer service from their part.

Not very good workmanship, the exhaust is only 20 months old.

Ben

Reaction score
bad times :( Fingers crossed they will hold up their side of the warranty.

What is this exhaust actually like? I have a toss up between Scorpion RS192 and Ktec Supersport system.

Reaction score
I had the rs 192 down as my preferred choice, but I've heard the build quality can be a little poor at times. Good luck Ben, hope you get it sorted!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got an update on this.

I e-mailed yates and bloomfield who I bought the exhaust from and they got back to me the next day and supplied a phone number and contact for Scorpion Exhausts Ltd. I phoned Scorpion and explained the situation and was given an address to post the exhaust and was told they would check it out and repair it. I sent the exhaust off and within a week they have sent me a brand new middle section. I have no pics as I am in Denmark but I got someone back home to open it and they told me it was a brand new section as the other piece had a dent in the silencer which has now gone and was told it looked brand new so im pretty convinced :) .

Happy days and excellent customer service :D :D

(tup)

Alot better than the customer service im getting from my Mountain Bike dealers over a cracked frame!

Ben

Reaction score
Fair play to Scorpion! That is good news Ben! I've been looking at a new system for a while but have been putting it off as I couldn't decide what to do with the T. I've now decided to keep it for a while and maybe eventually have it as a second car! So with this in mind, Im getting the cambelt done just after xmas then a new exhaust system. My first choice was the RS192, but when you said that yours had broken so soon I was a little put off, but with that service it may have to be a RS192 after all!

Reaction score
Good to see this, I'm still really impressed with mine.

Reaction score
Iv had previous dealings with Scorpion and i have to say there customer service is excellent i had the same thing on a weld that had blown on my center section on previous car it was found and reported on my MOT. The best bit of all was they then turned round to me said were send a new one out today and when asking if they wanted the old one sent back to them they said don't worry about it. Also i think it took around 2 days for my new section to arrive.
All in all i would be buying from them again in the not too distant future.