Reaction score
Not if you want to pass an mot!

There are non oem options that are cheaper as replacements.

ps how do you know yours is going? If it's a dash light then more likely just the lambda sensor (or, as mine was, knackered rear boxes).

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ed55j said:
Yes, I have a scorpion de-cat fitted, its a fairly straight forward job. And it passes MOT

And it passes emissions test! kinda suprised by that.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
ed55j said:
Yes, I have a scorpion de-cat fitted, its a fairly straight forward job. And it passes MOT

And it passes emissions test! kinda suprised by that.

Well it has the past couple of years with it fitted, mechanic tells me emissions are high but still OK to pass the test.
Saves me the job of swapping it every year :D

Reaction score
I have got a de-cat on my trophy and i though i would see what the emissions was like with out it.
So one one day at work when the boss was out i though i would have a quick play and see what happens.
With the cat in it went straight through all three tests no problem.
But with the cat out it wouldnt even go through the first test. It need to read 45 or under to go through but i couldnt get it any lower than 59 nut in mainly sat in the 70's.
So you will need a cat to pass the emissions.
But any car with a cat fitted stanard must have a cat for mot regardless of what the emissions are like.

Reaction score
I have been havig trouble trying to get my scoprion decat seal on my rs192 system. I bought it off a guy from cliosport 2nd hand so I suppose there is no way of telling whether or not it is a scorpion one, anyway, I found that if you first attach the decat to the centre silencer when it is off the car its a LOT easier to ensure perfect seal. I did this to mine yesterday and now its all good :D